Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pokemon Let's Go complaints  (Read 2276 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Pokemon Let's Go complaints
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:34:54 am »
So I'm about done with Batman Arkham 5...err I mean the ps4 Spiderman game and I thought I'd pop in the Pokémon remake for some retro goodness.  It doesn't support the pro controller?!?  WTF?!?  One would think that this was to ensure people would use the new throwing mechanic and I would be ok with that except you can play the game in handheld mode with both joycons.  So the only options left in tv mode are using just the left joycon, which doesn't have a home button and thus I can't turn the switch off with, or use just the right joycon, which is just weird as you are using your right hand to move and the buttons are above the stick.  There's no option to use both together, which would be the same damn thing as handheld mode or to hold them sideways like a snes gamepad.  I mean every gamepad for the switch has motion sensors built in so I don't understand why one couldn't "throw" the pro controller just like you do the joycons. 

So I'm thinking this rather awkward control decision was to push that stupid pokeball controller.  I'm a grown assed man and I'm not paying 40 bucks for a glorified toy.... or at least not this particular glorified toy.  It's just a word of warning to anyone considering the purchase.  I've also noticed that the difficulty seems to be much lower than I remember.  It was about 20 years ago when I played the original, but that would have still had me in my late teens/early 20s so I dunno.