Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Indentifying my new cabinet?  (Read 4345 times)

InnerMobius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 11:40:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Indentifying my new cabinet?
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:32:27 am »
I'm new to arcade machines. I've had an X-Arcade Tankstick for about a year and a half to two years and I love it.
Today I got lucky and found a gutted cab online for cheap, and the guy was nice enough to drop it off at my house. It's missing the back door and it's completely gutted, but that's fine as I'm going to be making a multicade/multi console cabinet out of it. Despite the purism I've seen about CRTs, I'm going with an LCD because my goal is to put a Nintendo Switch dock into the control board as well as run my PS3 (which I'll be making a shelf for) and possibly even a Retron 5. I'm not too worried about scanlines.

Anyways, I'd like to know what my options are for getting a custom marquee lightbox made up and if I can use any predetermined dimensions to order some slick new art for the sides. I posted on Reddit and someone first thought it was a Konami cabinet (I thought it looked like an X-Men cab myself) but it doesn't match the coin slot options below. Here's a few pictures of my cab:

Does anyone have any idea what this cabinet was before? It appears to be green even on the inside behind the support beams, but I guess that could have been painted after manufacturing.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

((Also, probably unrelated, it came with a broken up bevel that said midway on it and NBA Jam, but was clearly too big for this cab. I'm only mentioning that because someone on reddit thought that it might be a Midway machine.))

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
Re: Indentifying my new cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:18:54 am »
Possibly a 4-player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cabinet?
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

InnerMobius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 11:40:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:34 pm »
Someone else thought that at first but apparently it's not. I've been told that it might be a Captain America cab, but there's only one image that I could find that looks similar to mine for those cabs:

I'm mainly noting the green I see beside the screen and the shape of the molding on the side being more of a V shape intead of a blocky U shape. If anyone knows anything about these cabs I'd appreciate your input!

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 02:12:21 am »
What about one of the Golden Tee games?

That might explain the color.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 03:05:20 pm »
Is that paint on the sides, if so then strip it and have a look.  I also immediately thought of an early golden tee machine or Blitz.