Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI R-93 Combo Star  (Read 2354 times)

Blue Agave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2019, 12:07:39 pm
  • AMI R-93
Rowe AMI R-93 Combo Star
« on: January 03, 2019, 06:51:35 pm »
Hello & Good Day to All, I have taken the plunge and finally purchased a jukebox. As the title states it's an AMI R-93 Combo Star and I am super excited to get her home so I can start to enjoy it. I seek some knowledge regarding the casters / metal wheels and I am hopeful that someone may be able to provide some details on the casters. The jukebox will be in a room with tile floor and I'd like to replace the original casters with rubber ones. Can anyone tell me the following;

1) the diameter of the OEM caster wheels
2) the dimensions of the rectangular mounting plate of the casters

Thank you in advance for any information.

Regards,
Fernando

Blue Agave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2019, 12:07:39 pm
  • AMI R-93
Re: Rowe AMI R-93 Combo Star
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:11:03 pm »
I finally got the Jukebox Home and have been enjoying it. Was able to get some rubber casters from a Rowe CD jukebox. I spent a couple of days cleaning out the box of dust and dirt as this one came from a bar.  Everything is in working order and sounds good. I do have a question for anyone that may be of help, when I play selections from the CD there is a lot of feedback, is this normal?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Fernando

valkrie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2019, 02:52:27 am
  • I'll get the damn thing working eventually!
Re: Rowe AMI R-93 Combo Star
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 06:12:36 pm »
My R92 combo also has a whistling sound when playing cd selections. I'm thinking that it might be time for an amp rebuild?
I have the same issue with the original castors on a tiled floor. What is everyone out there using underneath these machines?

cheers
Stu