Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Using Arcade 1Up trackball with Jamma 60-1 PCB?  (Read 2247 times)

jjjxlr8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2019, 02:10:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Using Arcade 1Up trackball with Jamma 60-1 PCB?
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:44:42 am »
I'm in the process of converting a Deluxe Arcade 1Up cabinet to use a 60-1 Jamma Icade PCB and would like to re-use the trackball for Centipede and Millipede.

Has anyone figured out how to use the Arcade 1Up trackball with a Jamma 60-1 Icade PCB?

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Re: Using Arcade 1Up trackball with Jamma 60-1 PCB?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »
I'm in the process of converting a Deluxe Arcade 1Up cabinet to use a 60-1 Jamma Icade PCB and would like to re-use the trackball for Centipede and Millipede.

Has anyone figured out how to use the Arcade 1Up trackball with a Jamma 60-1 Icade PCB?
THe A1U trackball doesn't use a normal trackball interface so don't think it would work with the 60in1 PCB - Would be much easier to just replace it with a 2 1/4" trackball designed for the 60 in 1 for about $40 ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-25-Inch-White-Ball-Arcade-Game-Trackball-Compatible-with-Jamma-60-in-1-Jamma/362471022577 )

jjjxlr8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:45:30 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I was afraid that would be the case.

Not knowing any better, I got ahead of myself and already cut my control panel for the A1U trackball.  Hopefully I can make the routered out pocket fit a different track ball.  I really don't want any fasteners showing or a metal plate on the top of the control panel.

Live and learn, I guess!  :)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 05:43:50 pm »
The trackball games all track at the wrong speed anyway and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Also, why would you want to mess up something that plays licensed games correctly just so it can play unlicensed games poorly?
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

jjjxlr8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:36:34 pm »
I've never played the 60-1 Centipede or Millipede, yet, but have played many of the other games.  All of the other games on the 60-1 that I've played were fantastic. 

Which trackball games are you talking about that "all track at the wrong speed anyway"?  60-1?

I don't think I'm messing anything up, just tired of the 12 Atari games and like the games on the 60-1 much better.  I'm not making any permanent modifications to the Arcade 1UP (not that it matters!) and can put it back the way it came very easily.  Just trying to make a trackball work for Centipede and Millipede. 

I ordered the one JDFan linked.  it should fit in the same hole as I currently have, although I will have to router out the pocket a bit more to accommodate the 4" case.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:35:08 pm by jjjxlr8 »

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 08:42:59 pm »
The trackball games all track at the wrong speed anyway and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Also, why would you want to mess up something that plays licensed games correctly just so it can play unlicensed games poorly?

You can do a simple USB mod to 1up machines.
since they are running MAME, it's trivial to get into the settings and
set them properly to whatever sensitivity you want.

sure, it doesn't make the cheap trackball any better, but it makes all the
trackball and spinner games a lot more playable.

later