Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problem with Wurlitzer OMT CD  (Read 2526 times)

jdemarti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
Problem with Wurlitzer OMT CD
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:48:30 pm »
I’m really hoping someone can help troubleshoot the cd100 omt. When I turn on the jukebox I get the 0000 on the display but that's it. The carousel will not spin when I first turn on the jukebox. The keyboard responds, and the carousel will turn when I manually push the lever.  I can’t seem to get the scc into programming mode by flipping the switch and pressing LT. When I try that I hear a relay click, but the display quickly flashes and remains at 0000.  K7 and k8 switches seem intact. I installed a new battery into the SCC and checked that the carousel lam is lit. Not sure what else to do. Any help is appreciated.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Problem with Wurlitzer OMT CD
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:20:42 pm »
these jukes where notorious for bad solder joints and sketchy connections.

try pulling all the plugs and just reseating them. often that will get them going again.

failing that, turn the juke off...apply a slight side pressure to a connection and turning it on and seeing if one of them might have a bad connection. if you find one that pressing on it makes it work, you are going to have to pull that board and resolder the connector. the solder is really thin and hard on some connectors and vibrations from the music is enough to crack them and make them intermittent.

jdemarti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:24:15 pm »
Thanks Shawn

I found that the Selection Control Computer is bad. Got my hands on another SCC to test and the jukebox came alive.  Do you know of any place in the U.S that sells or repairs these computers?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:37:50 pm »
I don't sorry, I'm in canada so I don't know much of repair places in the US.