Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monitor removal - Can I remove before discharge?  (Read 1370 times)

solocon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2021, 02:45:27 am
  • I'm a llama!
Monitor removal - Can I remove before discharge?
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:08:19 am »
Been dong some research on removing the CRT monitor and the required steps to discharge the monitor.

The issue I'm having is I can't get up and under the plug without my arm extending touching the metal frame as I reach for the plug.

The person before me used wood and nails and sealed the back part of the box leaving a small opening (after removing 4 screws to ravel opening). (See attached pic)

I plan to remove the screen and replace it with a LCD screen. I have a GBS 8100 but could not get it to work with this monitor and seems the LCD would be a better route to go. (Play newer games if needed)

My question is, can I remove the monitor (including the monitor rails and boards) from the box and discharge it once out and easier to get to?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Monitor removal - Can I remove before discharge?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 11:41:18 am »
You don't have to discharge it to take it out of the cab. You have to discharge it if you're removing the chassis from the frame and tube.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

solocon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2021, 02:45:27 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Monitor removal - Can I remove before discharge?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:13:19 pm »
You don't have to discharge it to take it out of the cab. You have to discharge it if you're removing the chassis from the frame and tube.

Thank you! Just what I needed to know. Took the monitor out and did the needful!  :cheers: