Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nanao MS2930 who is up to the challenge black goo and service manual, schematic  (Read 1855 times)

Rickn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2020, 01:32:28 pm
Hi Guys number of things lets start with the black goo "kiss of Death.

I have just went through 5 MS2930 and 1 MS2931.. yes the goo comes from the horizontal drive transformer.
Yes the black goo is a potting compound so not conductive.
Yes can be "kiss of death if not taken care of early, 2 issues the lack of potting compound in the transfomer can cause a failure with the trasformer, or the leaking goop can get into a number of the main board pots such as X-ray protect, sub vertical size and others.

Treatment, remove the drive tarnsformer and flyabak if necessary, scrape with a razor blade scraper and cleam up with Nail polish rover. Either repot or seal the drive transformer with a high grade RTV Silicone, I have not not been able to identify who made the tarsformer or suitable replacement.
Replace pots as needed.
Put i all back together.

Good luck, so far 4 out of six sucess rate.

NOW THE CHALLENGE, can ay one provide good schematics of the 2931, I have a poor one, CAN any one provide a schamtic of the 2930.. desperate on this one.

Jomac and GSpain have been a lot of help.. Thanks but we still have not found one.
Please post and email me rick@niemandisplays.com and we will find a way to post a link to the community.

Thanks

Rick

Rick@niemandisplays.com

Now thw challenge, has any one ever founn a legible schematic or service manual for the 2930?. Gme
Always happy to help.., for the best in displays
Rick Nieman
Rick@Niemandisplays.com
www.niemandisplays.com
1023 Rife Rd Cambridge, Ontario Canada N1R5S3
519-621-1722

Rickn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2020, 01:32:28 pm
So far no response on schematics for the 2930 and the legibility of the 2931 is terrible. I am wondering if by chance included with either the Candy Cab or Astrocity cab?

I have contacted Eizo/Nanao in Cypress CA and as it is a 20 year old monitor they do not have anything on these.

They have given me a link to a couple of early models.

Will keep trying.

Rick
Always happy to help.., for the best in displays
Rick Nieman
Rick@Niemandisplays.com
www.niemandisplays.com
1023 Rife Rd Cambridge, Ontario Canada N1R5S3
519-621-1722

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:00:52 am
i sent you a schem that is pretty clear- did you check the email?

princess prin prin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:30:52 am
  • intrinsically safe
yes the goo comes from the horizontal drive transformer.

No, from the linearity coil.