Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Not an arcade, but lots of arcade parts, Summer Reading.  (Read 1738 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
Not an arcade, but lots of arcade parts, Summer Reading.
« on: September 02, 2019, 09:00:03 pm »
Most of the USA Libraries, including my own were doing a space themed summer reading program. So my 5 year old and I built a space ship. No video game, I wanted my two children to use their imaginations. "We" did turn it into  a sound board with lots of archived space sounds from NASA. It came out well so I asked my local  librarian if they would like to use it for the end of summer reading party. Below are some pics.

The chrome noob is a working dimer, the red arrows are volume controls, all sound it via head sets only.

I was very happy to share it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:02:27 pm by Locke141 »

rave0035

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2021, 11:02:21 pm
  • Disassemble First, Ask Questions Later...
Re: Not an arcade, but lots of arcade parts, Summer Reading.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:52 pm »
Very, very cool.  My kids would love this. 

Nicely done.  Inspirational.

Mike
You can't truly know how something works until you've ruined it by taking it apart.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:23:02 pm »
Nice.   :cheers:

Looks like there are 15 LED buttons, 2 joysticks, a knob (volume?), and 3 toggle switches -- 2 on the outside with guard covers and 1 on the inside without, right?

Reminds me of WannabeJoy's build thread here.   ;D

Scott

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 07:31:36 am »
Thanks guys,

Scott that is correct, the joys and everything to the left are connect to the same sound board you recommended in WannabeJoy’s build. The 6 square buttons on the right turn off when pressed. As for the cover switches and the emergency stop, they certainly do nothing out side of the imagination.

Also, I removed the center covered switches and replaced it with a 1/4 inch head phone jack. I’m looking for a head set with a mail 1/4inch when I pop into thrift stores but for now an adapter will have to do.