Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: aimtrack guns on a naomi cab  (Read 1687 times)

flybynight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:10:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
aimtrack guns on a naomi cab
« on: December 23, 2018, 07:05:23 pm »
Hi all!

Does any one have aimtrack guns working on a naomi cab? If so, where did you put the sensor?

I have the sensor on top of the cab in front of the marquee but it will only track the guns around 50% of the way down the screen
 ;D
Tried angling the sensor down a little too, tried another sensor, tried a 2 amp power adapter.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Sure would be nice to have confidential mission playable for Christmas.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: aimtrack guns on a naomi cab
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:20:03 am »
The Sensor really needs to be as close to the Monitor as possible.

The aim traks sender/receiver angles up slightly so if you are aiming at the bottom of the screen with the sensor to high it wont be able to see it.

The only real solution is to move further back from the screen or lower the sensor.

flybynight

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »
The only place for the ir in a naomi cab is on top which is approx 10 inches above the monitor. Plus the monitor is angled backwards.

Would the super ir bar help? Or maybe there is a way to mod the original ir bar to boost the light? I tried velcroing it to the edge and adjusting the ir angle to 45 but no luck.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »
The only place for the ir in a naomi cab is on top which is approx 10 inches above the monitor. Plus the monitor is angled backwards.

Would the super ir bar help? Or maybe there is a way to mod the original ir bar to boost the light? I tried velcroing it to the edge and adjusting the ir angle to 45 but no luck.

The bar needs to be flat and the correct way up, Its the module inside the gun itself that is angled upwards.

flybynight

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 03:44:29 pm »
What about this here:

http://www.arcadeguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=340

"We also modify the camera lens angle for maximum field of view, through a special technique. "

Does anyone know what mod is done? I've 2x aimtrak here and am happy to test any mods.

Or any other light gun suggestions?

flybynight

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 06:11:57 pm »
After a lot of reading im going to get an old actlabs gun kit, a usb2gun set with happ guns and also wait for the release of Sinden Lightgun. Will be interesting to try the various options. Surprised there is no perfect solution out there yet.