Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Donkey kong 3 board trouble  (Read 778 times)

GMZombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 10:11:23 am
  • I am a living Legend who fixes stuff... mostly
Donkey kong 3 board trouble
« on: December 19, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »
ok so im trying to get this donkey kong 3 boardset to work and im quite stuck. first there are 2 z80s but one is a dma chip. im trying to figure out why this wont boot. get out my ttl checker and find the cpu clock at the cpu but when i check both crystals on the board. one a 8mhz and one a 21.477mhz they are both not cycling and have a low signal. i got the board this way so i dont know what happend to it before i got it. i didnt have any dual wipe sockets otherwise i would have changed them to begin with cause the board is a little dirty. i did spray some contact cleaner in the sockets for now so i could get a better connection. if im also correct the system uses 2 pc2a03 chips in it or can i use rp2a03 chips in it cause thats what i have in it. still the board shows a reset and when its isnt reset it shows green background sometimes synced but most of the time not. thanks for any info you can give.
also my setup right now to check it is a normal jamma power supply with the video leads hooked up to a cga to vga converter so i can test on my lcd on my test bench.