Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kung-fu Master's in-game high score displayed in top center  (Read 1350 times)

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
Kung-fu Master's in-game high score displayed in top center
« on: December 18, 2018, 11:56:12 pm »
The high score shown by the game is different from all the ones in the high score table.  I use the hiscore plugin and it seems to be working well, i.e., it picks up my new high scores but I'm just wondering if the arbitrary (and very high) one shown in the top middle of the screen during gameplay is normal behavior.
"The Manuel"

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
Re: Kung-fu Master's in-game high score displayed in top center
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:35:46 am »
Looking at some videos on the web, it looks like this might be normal behavior and more than on video show the exact same high score in-game, which suggests that this is a default value.  The score in my MAME setup is much higher, in the order of 700,000, and I assure you it wasn't reached through gameplay.  Perhaps this score was the result of switching from one high score system to another.  :dunno
"The Manuel"