Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ALL NEW BYOAC High Score Competition! Game #26 Hypersports  (Read 2010 times)

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
ALL NEW BYOAC High Score Competition! Game #26 Hypersports
« on: December 17, 2018, 08:10:53 am »
ALL NEW BYOAC High Score Competition! Games played so far: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156317.0.html

Game #26 Hypersports

Rules

- Use the Konami (Centuri license) version (set name "hyperspt"), default settings, no cheats.

- High score wins (a tie means there's more than one winner).

- No savestates, savestate practices, etc during the round.

- Play until no longer able to qualify.

- The contest ends on Sunday December 30th, at midnight, PST.

Game info courtesy of MAWS:

- SETUP -

To have the high score table properly initialized, the first time you run the game you should go into the dipswitch menu, set World Records to Erase on Reset, reset the game (F3), and set the dipswitch back to 'Don't Erase.'

- HOW TO PLAY -

Tap GO and player will accelerate, shoot or lift. Push UP and player will jump or shoot. Game over if you fail to qualify in an event.

• I. Swimming-100M Freestyle : Use GO and UP buttons to regulate the speed and breath of swimmer. Tap GO button(s) to accelerate swimmer. Press UP button to allow swimmer to breath when 'breath' display appears on the screen. Swimmer will submerge if UP button is pressed any other time. Equal the computer's time for 3,000 point bonus.
  • II. Skeet Shooting : Push either GO button to shoot. Shooting direction, left or right, coincide with GO button. Shoot clay within the red window to score. Consecutive hits expand the window, in single increments, to maximum. A miss will reduce the window to the smallest shape. 500 point clay appears after nine (9) consecutive hits. 1,000 point clay appears after 19 consecutive hits. Hit all clays for a 'perfect' score.
  • III. Long Horse : Press and release either GO button to accelerate player, push UP button at a proper position on the ramp to jump to the horse and again to lift from the horse. While in the air, tap GO button(s) to control rolls and dismount pose. Points are decided on the number of rolls and dismount pose.
  • IV. Archery : Press either GO button to randomly stop wind reel. Reel will automatically stop at random if GO button is not pressed, wind reel displays wind direction and velocity (0 thru 7 mph). Push UP button to shoot and hold to control angle.
  • V. Triple Jump : Tap GO button(s) to accelerate player. Press UP button at a proper position to hop, step and jump.
  • VI. Weight Lifting : Push GO button, each time, to advance to the next heaviest class, once advanced, backing up to a lighter class can not be made. Press UP button to elect weight class. Tap GO button(s) to lift the weight, press UP button when bar bell flashes and continue tapping GO button(s) until the three judge indicators light up.
  • VII. Pole Vault : Push either GO button and release. Press UP button to vault and release at proper position to clear the bar.

- BONUS POINTS -

• If the two middle swimmers achieve a dead-heat, a frog appears and a 3,000 points bonus is awarded.
  • In skeet shooting shoot the final object with the left hand side target and a parrot will fly from right to left. This can be hit repeatedly for 1,000 points.
  • After launching from the horse, tap a RUN button to rotate so you land on your head. An object falls from the sky and a 3,000 poins bonus is awarded.
  • In archery there is a point bonus for getting all 'nices'; in the first round it is 3,000 points, in the second round it is 4,000 points and in the third round it is 6,000 points. If you get all 'nices', the moving target will be replaced by an apple, which can be hit for an increasing number of bonus points.
  • If your triple jump starts right on the line and also has the angles of 35, 41, and then 45 degress, a rocket flies past and a 3,000 point bonus is awarded. Note that this bonus is not seen if the jump sets a new world record.
  • Following a successful weight lift, pressing both run buttons the instant the dropped weights hit the floor causes 3 girls to be displayed, holding a '1000' sign. A 1,000 points bonus is awarded.

wp34

• Offline Offline
Re: ALL NEW BYOAC High Score Competition! Game #26 Hypersports
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
Let's get this party started.  Got a little lucky and I do believe this was my first trip to the weightlifting stage as an adult.   :cheers:

epetti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2023, 10:15:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
ALL NEW BYOAC High Score Competition! Game #26 Hypersports
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 01:01:34 am »
I officially suck at this game. 17,070
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:59:57 am by epetti »

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:43:49 pm »
Improved my score a little but still cannot get past that horrible pole vault.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 09:12:50 pm »
With this score I didn't finish the game but I did finally finish it on another play.  My game lost focus and I got zero on two of the archery rounds which limited my score for that try.   :banghead:  Felt good to finally get through the pole vault round. 

Anyway 68,470 and I'm out.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 08:58:38 am »
Well we didn't have a 3rd place finisher since only two of us participated.  Unless others object I suggest epetti pick the next game.  I'm not going to be in a position to play much over the next couple of weeks and would prefer not to pick the next game.

epetti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:33 am »
I'll have time to pick something today.

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:17:57 am
  • Just because.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:35:57 pm »
Well we didn't have a 3rd place finisher since only two of us participated.  Unless others object I suggest epetti pick the next game.

If there is no 3rd place finisher or the third place finisher is somehow unable to choose a game, the honor goes to the 2nd place finisher.

epetti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:58 pm »
Sorry for the delay. Today ended up being much busier than expected. Posted now. Thought I'd go for a change of pace. Battle Garegga.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,159174.0.html