Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade 29" CRT monitor (Makvision)  (Read 1434 times)

CosmoJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:47:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Arcade 29" CRT monitor (Makvision)
« on: December 15, 2018, 06:19:56 pm »
Greetings!  A few years ago I purchased an X-Arcade cabinet, with the CRT option.  I believe they have it listed as a Makvision 29".  I do not have the exact model info on it but I can try to peek into the cabinet to find out.

Long story short, I am looking to change out the PC that is currently running MAME in the cabinet.  It is an Intel NUC, and I found a mini-DP to VGA adapter that works with the monitor.  I don't get a picture until Windows is up, but it does work.

I am now working with a (potential) new mini PC that has HDMI and Displayport connectors.  I have tried three different active VGA adapters; 2 HDMI to VGA and a DisplayPort to VGA.  No luck on getting a picture on the CRT, it is very aggravating.  I used a utility called qres to force the resolution to 800x600 with a refresh rate of 60; the exact config that works on the current computer but I either get a blank display or an 'over specification' notice on the CRT.  Just wondering if anyone might have familiarity with this CRT that X-Arcade sells and what I might be missing.  Thanks in advance!

CosmoJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:47:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: X-Arcade 29" CRT monitor (Makvision)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:22 pm »
Well, happy to say after going through 7 different DP to VGA adapters I found one that worked:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFY6YJS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1