Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SDArcade V3.00 (Layout for Attract-Mode)  (Read 5517 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
SDArcade V3.00 (Layout for Attract-Mode)
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:08 am »
SDArcade is the PERFECT Attract-Mode front end theme for lower resolution arcade monitor setups.  Originally made by JediOne for the PC version of Attract-Mode in the vein of the ArcadeSD arcade multigame system,  Dee2er converted it for use with the Pi.  It's been through a number of changes since then.  Version 3 brings to the table a number of new features including backgrounds, static frames and more...

FEATURES:
• select vertical or horizontal mode
• 8 backgrounds or the original black
• 8 static frames or the original animated color changing frame
• 3 sizes of "preview" frame to choose from
• 5 header animation types
• select wheel graphics or marquee graphics for the header
• more...

You can download it by CLICKING HERE!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:34:34 am by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: SDArcade V3.00 (Layout for Attract-Mode)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:54:34 pm »
I forgot to update the url here when I discovered a bug that screwed up the layout using a PC (versus the Pi)...

You can get this layout here:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/DsmVFTfrH4QC1kHfqrd7JmiRDnpNkmhKJMo97esgPth

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 07:21:24 pm »
I forgot to update the url here when I discovered a bug that screwed up the layout using a PC (versus the Pi)...

You can get this layout here:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/DsmVFTfrH4QC1kHfqrd7JmiRDnpNkmhKJMo97esgPth

Thanks Frizz - just downloaded and installed this today on a Raspberry Pi 4 with bbegin's dedicated MAME appliance (no Retropie or anything else).  What a great looking theme.  It's so good I can't believe that everyone just hasn't agreed it should be the default everywhere!

I am having two minor issues but I am noew to this so maybe I'm missing something obvious...

1.  I have the theme installed vertically but I still need to move the joystick/keyboard up and down to scroll instead of left and right which would be more intuitive.  Is there an easy fix for this?

2.  When I exit back to the menu from a game, the snap/video is off center.  Scrolling to the next game immediately fixes this so it's not a huge deal but I was wondering if you encountered this before.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 10:31:34 am »
I think I solved both issues!

1.  This one was easy.  Just change the "Controls" menu to make "Up" the Left Arrow or Joy 0 Left and "Down" the Right Arrow or Joy 0 Right.

2.  This was easy too once someone told me what to do.  You just have to set the ResFix-Plugin. 

Start AM > press TAB key > Plug-Ins > ResFix > Enabled : Yes > Specific Emulators : your_Display_Name (or leave this blank for it to apply to all of them).

Easy peasy.  Only thing I'm trying to work out is how to get rid of text appearing on the screen after exiting a game...