Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New to me Blitz 2000 Gold  (Read 787 times)

solocon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2021, 02:45:27 am
  • I'm a llama!
New to me Blitz 2000 Gold
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:30:36 am »
Hello,

I have a new to me blitz 2000 gold podium cabinet (see image ). I bought it with the plans to build a Mame/multi system cabinet. Something very similar to what's listed here:

From this video, I really like the CP minus the trackball. I play fighting games, nba jam, blitz, ghosts and ghouls, Shinobi, ect.

My plan is to pull all the internals and preserve them, including (maybe) the screen, the wiring, power supply, pcb boards, hard drive and the current CP.
Once I have everything pulled, I plan to create a new CP (4 players with guns NO trackball) and have a few questions:

1)   What kind of software is the users using in the video above? Is this something I can download (don’t need links) and spend a little time configuring? Looking for some sort of all in one like the video shows above (I know the raspberry PI has something like it). Don’t want to spend hours upon hours configuring each system and each game.

2)   It seems my current screen (NT-35C) might be going dead and I’m thinking of replacing it with a 32” – 43” LED screen (See video ) after about 3 minutes the video looks OK. 15 minutes later, the screen is very blurry and fuzzy of which starts to correct it’s self after 45 minutes of being on. It seems some (LED) screens are better than others in respect to screen size. If I plan to go the PC route as the video above shows, any recommendations on which one to go? Any other recommendations?

3)     The current Jamma harness seems to support 4 (see images ) players but someone before me cut the wiring. The current CP is only setup for 2 players. Should I get a new harness to support the 4 players and the 2 light guns? Any recommendations on which wiring harness to get that will do the task?

4)   I keep reading about iPac and/or something like zero lag controller board? Seems to interface from the joystick/buttons to PC. Is this something I need or should I / could I use the current Jamma wiring harness? Which way would be best?

5)   The CP (control panel) from the video above (minus the track ball) is something I’m going after, how do I go about getting the blue prints for it so I can build it? Is there other/better CP’s out there you would recommend?

6)   Any other recommendations before starting this build? I don’t mind spending a little money as this will be a side project of which I look forward to!

Thank you all for your feedback!!