Software Support > Automated Projects

Downloads

(1/3) > >>

DaOld Man:
This thread will contain programs I have developed to help us in automating our cabinets.
I will update the links in my spare time.

Startcom is a mala plugin used to get original screen orientation from Mala and issue commands to rotate monitor.
Use startcom_config to set up your startcom plugin for Mala.
Place startcom_config in the same folder as startcom (Usually Mala\plugins).
This package contains this readme file, startcom.mplugin, startcom_config.exe, and comdlg32.ocx
Place the startcom.mplugin and startcom_config.exe files in your Mala\plugins folder.
The included comdlg32.ocx file needs to be placed in the windows\system32 folder. It may also need to be registered with regsrv.
To register it, click start/run then type in "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx " (without the quote marks.)
This should register it.
The file startcom_config.exe needs this ocx file to run properly. I would try to run it first, you may already have it on your computer.

Joychoose is another program I developed to run as a Mala Plugin. It is used to get what type joystick was used for the game (2, 4, or 8 way), and issue commands to switch the joystick to that mode. (Joystick requires hardware modifications.)
JoyChoose is a plugin designed to work with Mala to automatically switch your joystick between 8, 4, and 2 way.
You must add the proper hardware to your joystick to actually switch it. JoyChoose tells your hardware which joystick position to switch to, based on what the selected game used.
If you would like to learn how to do this, this link will get you started:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=104762.0
Joychoose was winner of the 2011 BYOAC User Choice Award.

DaOld Man:
Mrotate2.
Used to control a DC motor drive to turn your monitor.
EDIT: Just thought I would add that this version of Mrotate requires windows 98 or greater, 32 bit.
Also the PC has to have a parallel printer port to use an input and output interface to the DC drive. (25 pin plug that is for the printer. Most newer PCs do not have the printer port.)
I was working on a version that would use a pic chip and communicate through the USB, but due to lack of interest, I never finished it.
If there is enough interest i can probably revive that project, since its cold outside and Im bored right now anyway.  :lol

DaOld Man:
Just wanted to mention that the file repository is back up, and it has all the versions of MRotate, except the DOS version, and I dont think anyone will need that one.

BadMouth:
Bless you for posting these here.
I did a clean windows 10 install and apparently the backup image I had was from before I installed 4/8 way switching.
I started to panic when I went to the Mala website and was greeted by a "new site coming soon" message.

DaOld Man:

--- Quote from: BadMouth on October 29, 2019, 07:24:32 am ---Bless you for posting these here.
I did a clean windows 10 install and apparently the backup image I had was from before I installed 4/8 way switching.
I started to panic when I went to the Mala website and was greeted by a "new site coming soon" message.

--- End quote ---

thanks for the kind words. It was the least i could do for you guys.
Joychoose was having trouble reading new mame xml files, due to a change "they" made. (new xml files were worded differently from old version. If I remember correctly.)
I was working on a way around it but everyone seemed to have lost interest so I dropped it.
Let me know if you have trouble with this version, I will see if I can jump back in and make a fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version