Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where to download MRotate?  (Read 8043 times)

rdethloff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 03:59:10 pm
Where to download MRotate?
« on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:50 pm »
I'm trying to download the MRotate plugin but with the death of the Mala website I'm having a hard time finding it. Are the Mala plugins being hosted somewhere?

Thanks,
Robb

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: Where to download MRotate?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:14 pm »
I'm trying to download the MRotate plugin but with the death of the Mala website I'm having a hard time finding it. Are the Mala plugins being hosted somewhere?

Thanks,
Robb

Hi Robb.
Mrotate is not a mala plugin. It is used to control the motor that rotates the monitor.
Startcom is a mala plugin that can pass commands based on original game orientation  to mrotate or any other program that is used to rotate your monitor.
I didnt know the mala site was down, and I think I had mrotate posted on here in the File Repository, but that has been down for quite some time.
Im sure I have copies of both, will have to dig through my backup software.
Which do you need?

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 12:37:39 am »
I found where i posted downloads for mrotate and startcom in a different thread on here.
I will place them here to for easier finding.
Im not sure what version of startcom this is, when I get more time I will unzip it and do some research.
When you unzip the startcom there will be two files,
one is a configuration file. Open it and put the path to your rotating program.
Then place the config and the startcom.mplugin files in your mala/plugins folder.
Im pretty sure this is a very early version of startcom.
I have a better one if I can find it.
Will upload it when i find it.

Update: I have started a new sticky thread and intend to place uploads of my work in it. It is labeled "Downloads"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:26:17 am by DaOld Man »

rdethloff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 03:59:10 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:08:24 am »
Excellent, thank you. I was actually able to download Startcom using the Wayback Machine to access an archived version of the Mala website.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180405171438/http://www.malafe.net:80/index.php?page=plugins

I was having issues finding MRotate so it's good you linked it here for future uses. Although now I'm thinking I don't need this program? I'm using a batch file to engage a servo as outlined in the "servo-based automatic rotating monitor" sticky in this sub-forum and it seems to be working just using Startcom. Under what circumstances would I need MRotate?

Thanks again,
Robb

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 10:14:22 am »
Excellent, thank you. I was actually able to download Startcom using the Wayback Machine to access an archived version of the Mala website.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180405171438/http://www.malafe.net:80/index.php?page=plugins

I was having issues finding MRotate so it's good you linked it here for future uses. Although now I'm thinking I don't need this program? I'm using a batch file to engage a servo as outlined in the "servo-based automatic rotating monitor" sticky in this sub-forum and it seems to be working just using Startcom. Under what circumstances would I need MRotate?

Thanks again,
Robb

Thanks for the link, I will  place it on here. No, you dont need mrotate. Mrotate is a program that controls a drive for a DC motor.
Mrotate was developed in the early stages of monitor rotation when everyone was using motors similar to automobile wind shield wiper motors.
In Mala, startcom could auto start MRotate with the proper direction to turn the monitor.
Then MRotate would take over and run the motor until it reached its end of travel.
Good luck with your build, and thanks for bringing it to my attention about the Mala site being down.