Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about black painted side panels + artwork  (Read 2201 times)

ZTylerDurden717

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 12:52:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Question about black painted side panels + artwork
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:53:51 pm »
Hi guys,

My cab will likely have a black coating which seems to be the standard for BYOAC.  Since my side panel art may very well end up using black as the majority of the color scheme, which of the following options would you do given your experience:

1) Leveraging the black painted side panel, add the secondary shapes and colors as an overlay to the black and save money on the print cost
2) Even if the side panels are painted black, you're better off printing black artwork with the secondary colors all in one because of painted wood grain contrasting with adhesive artwork (won't look as nice)