Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up Clearance Sale  (Read 185477 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Arcade1up Clearance Sale
« Reply #400 on: January 12, 2019, 01:10:56 am »
I'm not interested at $100.  For $100 I can pick up an empty JAMMA cab with monitor and drop an ARpiCADE in for $150 more.  These toys are just that... toys.
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2019, 01:27:25 am »
I'm not interested at $100.  For $100 I can pick up an empty JAMMA cab with monitor and drop an ARpiCADE in for $150 more.  These toys are just that... toys.

Arcade machines are toys... Albeit commercial grade...
%Bartop

jdevane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 09:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2019, 09:32:17 am »

I wish...  there's usually next to nothing around here, so I have taken up learning to but and build my own...  I guess in the long wrong that is better anyway.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:22:05 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2019, 10:40:32 am »
It might be the NyQuil coma I am just coming out of, but I have no idea what this means.

I wish...  there's usually next to nothing around here, so I have taken up learning to but and build my own...  I guess in the long wrong that is better anyway.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »

Frizz! How ya been? AA still going strong?

How goes the arcade scene for you? I regret that 2018 I didn't do much building, I refurbed a Defender bartop. I did even less playing. Hope to fix that in 2019.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2019, 01:31:04 pm »

Arcade machines are toys... Albeit commercial grade...

I'll concede to that...

...I'll take commercial grade rather than disposable.  Thank you!

:D

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2019, 01:35:30 pm »

Frizz! How ya been? AA still going strong?

How goes the arcade scene for you? I regret that 2018 I didn't do much building, I refurbed a Defender bartop. I did even less playing. Hope to fix that in 2019.

Still around... and AA is still there (and you've been approved!).  :)

It's been slow ... but the garagecade is still up and pretty much full (24ish games)... anyone interested in the comings/goings of the garagecade can visit my blog at www.idahogaragecade.com ...

Recently I've been having fun making Attract-Mode front end layouts (actually managed to make a few bucks (in product) doing so for a "customer" ... whoa.)...

My latest acquisition was a Midway Arctic Thunder I got for a hundred bucks.   Non-working of course... but I had that baby up and running in all of about an hour (gotta love it when the problem comes down to a dead CR2032 coin-cell battery and toasted ATX power supply... >ZING!<

I'm still in the game but I am very selective... and the deals are few and far between unlike the days of old.

I'd LOVE to come across a reasonably priced Q*bert or Space Fury...

Yeah,  right.

jdevane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 09:27:07 pm
« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2019, 04:09:51 pm »
It might be the NyQuil coma I am just coming out of, but I have no idea what this means.

My comment was directed at the post above me stating he could just buy a $100 jamma cabinet...  I was saying I wish I could be so lucky because where I live there is usually nothing available or its way overpriced.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2019, 07:38:06 pm »
Arcade machines are personal entertainment devices.

I think opt2not is obsessive about this kind of topic.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2019, 10:08:14 pm »
speaking of clearance sale:
gamestop, asteroids, $150 online:
https://www.gamestop.com/toys/arcade1up-asteroids/157867

later

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #410 on: January 17, 2019, 10:51:45 am »
Buy it at GameStop, return it to Walmart without a receipt.... $150 free money....

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #411 on: January 17, 2019, 01:14:05 pm »
Buy it at GameStop, return it to Walmart without a receipt.... $150 free money....

how is that free. the time, effort and audacity to do that isn't free.

you have to wait for shipping, etc.

not worth it.

later

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #412 on: January 17, 2019, 02:07:39 pm »
LOL "audacity".

You do know who you're quoting right?  pbj is the king of working the system.  :burgerking:  :lol

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #413 on: January 17, 2019, 04:02:41 pm »

That's messed up man.  Naturally I thought about doing it for a minute or two there.  :)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #414 on: January 17, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »

Do it four times and you’ve got your airfare for ZapCon, Pendejo.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2019, 08:30:02 pm »
I don't think it is worth going to jail for.  The UPC is trackable.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2019, 10:18:50 am »

*falls out of chair laughing*

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2019, 10:33:00 am »

UPC is universal and the exact same for every Asteroids machine so exactly how would it be Traceable ( are you under the impression that every item has a unique UPC on the box ? ) -- Also in order for there to be any crime commited they would have to be able to prove you were intentionally trying to defraud Walmart - ( Almost impossible unless you told them that was your intention ) - if you told them it was a gift that you do not have the receipt for and wanted to return it - If the store agreed to refund you ( since Walmarts policy gives the final decision on whether to accept the return without a receipt up to that store's management) there is no crime ! ( They could just say no to the return ) So trying to get any law enforcement to take action against you would be extremely unlikely.  Additionally there is also no damages that Walmart could show ( they are giving you the $299 and you are giving them the product that they sell for $299 in return ( and they were the ones that agreed to make that exchange ( they have the chance to deny the refund)) - so what exactly would their damages be ? )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:34:42 am by JDFan »

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53:17 am »
Sounds like something trailer trash would do.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2019, 11:04:27 am »
People complain about them... but what they are really really good for is an arcade that is at desk height in your office!  I slide my disk chair over and play a game when I need a few minute escape.  I did spend about 40 bucks more to get it hooked to a raspberry pi... And used some other used parts to get everything hooked up....  And now I have something that fits in my office where a full size didn't (well, didn't while allowing me full VR room scale... we have to have priorities)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2019, 11:44:46 pm »
Hey Lilwolf, what's up?  Long time no type. 

I think they have their uses.  The asteroids has me tempted... if that spinner didn't suck so bad I would be interested at that price. 

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2019, 05:46:32 am »

Don't worry, I'm sure the return rate for these cabs is so high, no one will be the wiser.  :laugh:

SlammedNiss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:03:54 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2019, 06:25:27 am »
UPC is universal and the exact same for every Asteroids machine so exactly how would it be Traceable ( are you under the impression that every item has a unique UPC on the box ? ) -- Also in order for there to be any crime commited they would have to be able to prove you were intentionally trying to defraud Walmart - ( Almost impossible unless you told them that was your intention ) - if you told them it was a gift that you do not have the receipt for and wanted to return it - If the store agreed to refund you ( since Walmarts policy gives the final decision on whether to accept the return without a receipt up to that store's management) there is no crime ! ( They could just say no to the return ) So trying to get any law enforcement to take action against you would be extremely unlikely.  Additionally there is also no damages that Walmart could show ( they are giving you the $299 and you are giving them the product that they sell for $299 in return ( and they were the ones that agreed to make that exchange ( they have the chance to deny the refund)) - so what exactly would their damages be ? )
What's the lowest price they've been at WM in the last 90 days? Because I believe w/out a receipt they will only refund you/give you credit for whatever the lowest price it sold for in the last 90 days. 
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2019, 11:02:20 am »

Really?  Well try it and test your theory.  Tell us which prison you get to so we can club together and send you some soap.  >:D

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2019, 11:16:47 am »
Sounds like something trailer trash would do.

How would that demographic, even come up with the idea, funds, logistics and get past security at the door.  No. Nobody is that stupid and wants to risk jail, and their life as they know it.

It's theft and against the forum rules (5) to even suggest it.  As it would be considered conspiracy to defraud.  There is no future in it.

It would make a great TV game show though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:49:50 am by ark_ader »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2019, 12:23:49 pm »

Really?  Well try it and test your theory.  Tell us which prison you get to so we can club together and send you some soap.  >:D

It’s ok to be wrong Ark. we all do it from time to time. How you handle it is the important thing. You just sound silly now.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #426 on: January 19, 2019, 12:36:48 pm »

It’s ok to be wrong Ark. we all do it from time to time. How you handle it is the important thing. You just sound silly now.

Agreed. But that’s just how Ark rolls.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #427 on: January 19, 2019, 02:51:58 pm »

You can check.  Whenever I am wrong I admit it.  I am not wrong now, and you are easily led.   It is the casualty of old age.  If you are so sure of yourself, then please prove me wrong.  Which is silly isn't it?   ::)

Yotsuya is always right so it doesn't matter.  Go and ask them in chat verbatim to our topic of discussion and post the results.  You will be surprised.  https://www.walmart.com/cp/free-returns/1231920

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #428 on: January 19, 2019, 03:06:45 pm »

UPC is universal and the exact same for every Asteroids machine so exactly how would it be Traceable (are you under the impression that every item has a unique UPC on the box? ) -- Also in order for there to be any crime committed they would have to be able to prove you were intentionally trying to defraud Walmart - (Almost impossible unless you told them that was your intention) - if you told them it was a gift that you do not have the receipt for and wanted to return it - If the store agreed to refund you (since Walmart's policy gives the final decision on whether to accept the return without a receipt up to that store's management) there is no crime ! (They could just say no to the return ) So trying to get any law enforcement to take action against you would be extremely unlikely.  Additionally there is also no damages that Walmart could show (they are giving you the $299 and you are giving them the product that they sell for $299 in return (and they were the ones that agreed to make that exchange (they have the chance to deny the refund)) - so what exactly would their damages be?)

FIFY - Are you typing this on an Amiga?

Have a look on the box.   ::)

There probably be no direct damages from Walmart, I am sure you will get some in court, then it all goes downhill from there.  It is all hypothetical, but if they wanted to investigate Walmart has their own procedures.  I know what you are suggesting, has been done before with other products.  If you are caught which, would not be too difficult, they would prosecute.  This is an exercise in morality, so I think it is hilarious that you have taken such a stand on the matter.  Grow up.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #429 on: January 19, 2019, 05:32:20 pm »

You can check.  Whenever I am wrong I admit it.  I am not wrong now, and you are easily led.   It is the casualty of old age.  If you are so sure of yourself, then please prove me wrong.  Which is silly isn't it?   ::)

Yotsuya is always right so it doesn't matter.  Go and ask them in chat verbatim to our topic of discussion and post the results.  You will be surprised.  https://www.walmart.com/cp/free-returns/1231920

So ignoring the obvious trolling, I want to confirm that you believe this statement you said to be correct:
The UPC is trackable.
Are you going to stand by that as being correct or maybe, just maybe, you should say you are wrong? There's really only one way out of this without looking like a complete dummy. 

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2019, 08:27:00 pm »
Are you going to stand by that as being correct or maybe, just maybe, you should say you are wrong? There's really only one way out of this without looking like a complete dummy.

too late...

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2019, 10:41:37 pm »

No need to look on the box - UPC codes are specific to specific items from specific companies that manufacture that product -- they do not include any information on what retailer it was sold at or how much it was sold for - Here is a little info for you just in case you really do not know this and actually believe that a UPC code could be traceable back to a specific transaction -

And just FYI - the UPC for the Asteroids cab is UPC: 815221022874 and it will be the exact same number for every Asteroids A1u Unit whether it is sold by Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart or any other retailer !!

Universal product codes — UPCs — are the 12-digit numbers that appear under the barcodes on many U.S. products. They are given out by GS1 US, a nonprofit group that sets standards for international commerce.

Here’s how it works: Businesses pay to join GS1 US, and in exchange, it assigns each member its own identification number that appears as the first part of its UPC.

Companies usually need different UPC codes for each product they sell, even if it is just a different size. So companies will add more numbers to their GS1-issued identification code to identify each of their products. Each UPC can be used to produce a specific barcode that can then be printed out and attached to products or, ideally, incorporated into the product design so that it is easily scanned at the register.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:53:07 pm by JDFan »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2019, 11:45:35 pm »

No need to look on the box - UPC codes are specific to specific items from specific companies that manufacture that product -- they do not include any information on what retailer it was sold at or how much it was sold for - Here is a little info for you just in case you really do not know this and actually believe that a UPC code could be traceable back to a specific transaction -

And just FYI - the UPC for the Asteroids cab is UPC: 815221022874 and it will be the exact same number for every Asteroids A1u Unit whether it is sold by Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart or any other retailer !!

Universal product codes — UPCs — are the 12-digit numbers that appear under the barcodes on many U.S. products. They are given out by GS1 US, a nonprofit group that sets standards for international commerce.

Here’s how it works: Businesses pay to join GS1 US, and in exchange, it assigns each member its own identification number that appears as the first part of its UPC.

Companies usually need different UPC codes for each product they sell, even if it is just a different size. So companies will add more numbers to their GS1-issued identification code to identify each of their products. Each UPC can be used to produce a specific barcode that can then be printed out and attached to products or, ideally, incorporated into the product design so that it is easily scanned at the register.

I am not arguing the fact that all UPCs on a product is the same.  I'm arguing that if you take an 1Up arcade that you bought from game stop to Walmart you would be stopped because of the traceable UPC on the box.  If you read back the thread it is you/lew/smass/whoever assumed it was the main UPC.  There is more than one, smarty pants. 

Let's go back on topic, as you all have used up all your combined stupidity for one thread already.  Is that possible I wonder?  ::)

Game stop has raised the Asteroids back up to $199.00  Bait and switch tactics?  Still pretty cheap for what you get. 

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2019, 11:52:08 pm »
Fear of prison for a common return scam? Get real dude.
%Bartop

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2019, 12:06:49 am »
one of the solutions for a prebuilt lit marquee:
https://www.theretrocollector.com/arcade1up

later

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:30 am »
Yeah lets spend $100 for a light to put on a $300 device.  That makes perfect sense. 

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2019, 11:38:24 am »
Yeah lets spend $100 for a light to put on a $300 device.  That makes perfect sense.

How does $55 including shipping equal $100. Your math doesn't make any sense.

the DIY version is under $30, I don't see an issue.

Also, there are tons of option to do:
1) Build your own lighted marquee
2) Print your own graphics
3) Do an LCD marquee, which I already pointed out.

later
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:40:11 am by negative1 »

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2019, 12:43:43 pm »
I am not arguing the fact that all UPCs on a product is the same.  I'm arguing that if you take an 1Up arcade that you bought from game stop to Walmart you would be stopped because of the traceable UPC on the box.  If you read back the thread it is you/lew/smass/whoever assumed it was the main UPC.  There is more than one, smarty pants. 

Then maybe you should say something other than "UPC is Trackable !" SInce that statement is completely wrong

And Again you say in this post
There is more than one

No there is not -- THere is no such thing as a MAIN UPC --- there is one and only one UPC for each product --  Sure there may be shipping/routing information added to the box by Walmart or Gamestop etc. at their warehouse but that is not a UPC Code and is not printed on the product box and those are easily removed from the A1U boxes that have the Glossy coating on them if they do exist !

Let's go back on topic, as you all have used up all your combined stupidity for one thread already.  Is that possible I wonder?  ::)

Game stop has raised the Asteroids back up to $199.00  Bait and switch tactics?  Still pretty cheap for what you get.

It's not our combined stupidity that is showing in the thread - but maybe you do not notice it since that might require not being intellectually challenged !

ANd No the price is still $149 until Feb 2nd -- WHen you add it to the cart it will add a $50 discount making the price $149 ( but that might be challenging for you to figure out ! )

$50 off the Arcade1UP: Asteroids Cabinet! Some exclusions apply. Applicable to physical in-stock items ONLY. Offer valid 1/17/19 - 2/2/19. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2019, 02:44:10 pm »
Careful, JD... he might report you to the police...

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59:49 pm »
Messed with one of these pieces of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- briefly at Walmart. The joystick was the flimsiest I've ever used