Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up Clearance Sale  (Read 183816 times)

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Arcade1up Clearance Sale
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 10:26:48 am »
Being a nit-picky arcade enthusiasts, I really like a CRT for Galaga. The rom they are using is fine and at the difficulty it is set at is what you would get in most arcades. I do like having access to fast shoot for casual gameplay, so I miss that. The controls are ok, but I slightly prefer a 2 way leaf joystick and leaf button for the feel. I also think they were pretty stingy with the game selection. Galaxian doesn't hold up well, so to me it's really only a 1 game cabinet.

We are in agreement about the CRT but this wouldn't be for me so the LCD will be fine.  For this person I was mainly thinking the PCB and monitor might be good to build around.  When I build for someone else I don't like using a PC or something that might require maintenance.   :cheers:

We are not however in agreement about Galaxian.  The BYOAC contest from earlier this year made me fall in love with that game all over again.  I play it more than Galaga now and I have a dedicated Galaga.  Galaxian is also another game that looks much better on a CRT.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2018, 10:31:03 am »
Nice. I’ll have to give Galaxian another go. I kind of have a hard time seeing their shots.

If I was building, I’d probably go with a 60n1 as much as I hate their interface.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2018, 03:41:02 pm »
Galaga '88 > Gaplus > Galaga > Galaxian. That said, it's funny how many women who have said Galaga when talking about games or yore.

...as though they are going to blow their load all over it. Come to think of it, that might be the most fun you'll have with it.

It's a good thing Millennials are in short supply around here. You would be criminally charged for grossing them out.

Dont think Argos got the memo!!

The Pound is a strong.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »
Galaga '88 > Gaplus > Galaga > Galaxian. That said, it's funny how many women who have said Galaga when talking about games or yore.

...as though they are going to blow their load all over it. Come to think of it, that might be the most fun you'll have with it.

It's a good thing Millennials are in short supply around here. You would be criminally charged for grossing them out.

Dont think Argos got the memo!!

The Pound is a strong.

Yeah thats like 575 USD!!!

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 07:02:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2018, 05:48:53 pm »
I was just in Walmart.
didn't see them.
Wasn't looking either.
Still $300 on the website.

for $150 i'd make the 5 min. drive to see what they look and feel like assembled.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:36:47 am
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 02:59:12 am »
Love the way people keep on talking about "pulling the trigger" on these things, and similar phrases, as though they are going to blow their load all over it. Come to think of it, that might be the most fun you'll have with it.

1.  Watch American Pickers so you can understand the terminology.

2.  STFU

1. Doooooooode, I don't watch American Pickers and I'm not about to. Why would I?

My reference comes from stock market investing. To "blow your load" is to spend all your cash on one investment. Easily understandable by most everyone.

2. Only in response to "STFU" - I've never said anything rude to you, ever, and yet here you are with "STFU". I don't care how many decades you've been on here, or how many good things you've done it the past, you are still an "A-(o)"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:12:52 am by Zebidee »
Check out my completed projects!

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 03:10:12 am »

I'd criminally charge them for wasting my time, which I know is in short supply. Seriously. Bring it on.

Srsly, you shouldn't disparage the lack of millenials, and it isn't true anyway. Their inputs prevent us from becoming a bunch of old chooks squarking about the good old days, or just disappearing altogether. They are here, but their focus is more on console emulation naturally.

If you don't have people like me (and Mike A and buttersoft and paradroid and krick and calamity and many others I've just overlooked but appreciate), coming on here and pointing these things out, then the forum is as good as dead already.

The 80s Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2019, 03:20:56 pm
  • I'm working on a Crystal Castles MAME Cab
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 11:48:40 am »
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mod their 1Up cab by mounting the monitor pushed back into the cab away from the bezel like original Donkey Kong, Pacman, Space Invaders and so many others. I think it would help the look and feel of the 1Up machines.
Over Four Years and I'm still under 150 Posts (Date Registered:  January 27, 2005, 10:17:25 PM )

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 12:44:39 pm »
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mod their 1Up cab by mounting the monitor pushed back into the cab away from the bezel like original Donkey Kong, Pacman, Space Invaders and so many others. I think it would help the look and feel of the 1Up machines.

Pointless putting a mirror in there.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 01:01:53 pm »

I doubt 99% care about that level of authenticity. They just want to play some bideo gamez, man!!!1!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 01:22:53 pm »
Love the way people keep on talking about "pulling the trigger" on these things, and similar phrases, as though they are going to blow their load all over it. Come to think of it, that might be the most fun you'll have with it.

2.  STFU

1. Doooooooode, I don't watch American Pickers and I'm not about to. Why would I?

My reference comes from stock market investing. To "blow your load" is to spend all your cash on one investment. Easily understandable by most everyone.

2. Only in response to "STFU" - I've never said anything rude to you, ever, and yet here you are with "STFU". I don't care how many decades you've been on here, or how many good things you've done it the past, you are still an "A-(o)"

1.  Because it's one of the best shows on television and because the "pull the trigger" saying that you seemed to have issue with came from there. 
2.  Yes you did, you literally just did.  See #1.  If I say something crude, believe me, you'll know it because I generally don't hide behind innuendo.  I'm a very nice guy.  I also just happen to be someone you don't get away with disrespecting.

3.  Saw your other response.... we were getting along just fine without you and we'll still be getting along just fine long after you are gone. 

My point, along with the other posters point was your comment was gross and uncalled for.  Get your mind out of the gutter. 

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »

2.  STFU

1.  Because it's one of the best shows on television and because the "pull the trigger" saying that you seemed to have issue with came from there. 
2.  Yes you did, you literally just did.  See #1.  If I say something crude, believe me, you'll know it because I generally don't hide behind innuendo.  I'm a very nice guy.  I also just happen to be someone you don't get away with disrespecting.

3.  Saw your other response.... we were getting along just fine without you and we'll still be getting along just fine long after you are gone. 

My point, along with the other posters point was your comment was gross and uncalled for.  Get your mind out of the gutter. 

Howard.

Firstly, I was never disrespectful to you and refute your claim otherwise. You can argue otherwise and probably will, but you'll still be wrong about that.

Secondly, I don't think you are a nice guy. I've "known" you online for a very long time and "nice" is not a word I would use. "Bully" is a word I might use. Glad I've gotten that out of the way adn in the open.

Thirdly, I take your comment
"I also just happen to be someone you don't get away with disrespecting."
to be some kind of vague physical threat. Be warned that you might get away with disrespecting me, but try to harm me or my family at your peril as I will defend myself against you or your lackeys without mercy or restraint.

Finally, I realise, now, that I have seen American Pickers, but never knew what it was called. I just thought of it as that pawn-shop show. I very rarely watch TV, and wouldn't choose that show if I did, but I have seen it a few times when visiting a friend that likes it.

Let me tell you clearly, not crudely, and without any innuendo, that when those Pickers talk about wanting to "pull the trigger" on something they are excited about, it sounds exactly like they are saying that they want to buy it, take it home and have sex with it. I'm not trying to be crude, just pointing the issue out.

It also sounds exactly the same way when people say it on this forum about those A1 cabs and other things. Should I get upset about their use of innuendo? No, of course not, but it does make me laugh.

Other analogies might include stock market investments and firing a musket, but the way you all use the phrase it comes across (no pun or innuendo intended) the wrong way.

The fact that they say it on some TV show doesn't make it any less the case. They really should say something else, but too late to change now.

With this in mind, I kindly and humbly suggest/advise/request that you stop using the "pull the trigger" phrase because it does sound ridiculous. I'm trying to help you. Obviously you can do whatever you want, but be aware that someone (if not me then someone else) will be sniggering everytime you say it.

Z.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2018, 02:52:03 pm »
@Zebidee
Keep in mind when interacting with this self proclaimed “nice guy”, if you disagree with him, on even the most benign subject, he considers that an insult. You can’t win with cocksure narcissists. The best thing you can do is ignore his vitriol and let him run out of energy.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2018, 03:08:31 pm »
I’ll put my minions up against Howard’s lackeys any time.

I like Howard, he’s cool. Let’s talk about butterflies instead.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2018, 03:23:48 pm »
I like butterflies. Not so many people like moths which are more-or-less the same, just not as pretty.

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2018, 03:26:16 pm »
Let’s talk about butterflies instead.

Butterfly wings are of a sturdier construction than a Arcade 1Up cabinet.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2018, 03:37:00 pm »
"Grudges? I don't see any grudges."
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2018, 03:46:03 pm »
I love the patterns in butterfly wings. They’re so amazing.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2018, 03:55:06 pm »
Just look at that beauty...

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2018, 03:57:17 pm »
Deceptive little ---smurfs---. They spend most of their lives as caterpillars which are disgusting and incredibly destructive.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
Stay strong, Howard. Just remember, every time opt2not unloads on somebody on the internet, that's one less puppy in his neighborhood that gets kicked.

Who else sees the pattern as to when yots plays peace-maker and when he helps to stir the pot? It's almost enough to make one doubt the sincerity of his desire for peace. I'll get out of the way now and allow the rest of you to earn your brownie points.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:26:41 pm by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2018, 04:18:32 pm »
It’s cute you pay so much attention to me. But I’m not accepting applications for any more minions, sorry.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »
Deceptive little ---smurfs---. They spend most of their lives as caterpillars which are disgusting and incredibly destructive.

:Rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-hysterically-while-pounding-the-floor-with-my-foot-and-beating-the-wall-with-my-fists  :laugh2:

Oh gosh, it was difficult to get back up to the keyboard after that :P

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:12 pm »
Can I be promoted to henchman? Do we get the cool shirts the Penguin's henchmen wore in the old TV series?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2018, 05:39:12 pm »
Can I be promoted to henchman? Do we get the cool shirts the Penguin's henchmen wore in the old TV series?

Dude, you’re a minion. The uniform is very specific...

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2018, 05:40:34 pm »
It’s cute you pay so much attention to me. But I’m not accepting applications for any more minions, sorry.
Looks like you found yourself a groupie, he does seem to follow you around like a superfan. We should get him a t-shirt, “I love yots!”. What a fan. :lol

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2018, 05:41:58 pm »
Damn. I don't even get to be the minion that has 2 eyes.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2018, 05:47:56 pm »

As much as I wanted to stay out of this thread, I can't.  The minion Mike in Despicable Me does in fact have 2 eyes.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2018, 05:49:16 pm »
Oh its minions now? I guess The Cool Kids and Usual Suspects got old. Lol, what is next?
His cry for acceptance is cute to watch.  :lol

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2018, 05:51:34 pm »

As much as I wanted to stay out of this thread, I can't.  The minion Mike in Despicable Me does in fact have 2 eyes.

Everyone knows the minions with just one eye always have more fun.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2018, 06:06:52 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

So, are Arcade1up threads always going to get locked?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2018, 06:13:00 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

I never thought I’d say this, but I miss -1.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2018, 06:21:18 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

Every good comic needs either a muse or a straight-man/woman. If they don't then they have to create one in the minds of their audience.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone in anyway either <3 <3 <3 XXX
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:23:23 pm by Zebidee »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2018, 06:38:46 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

Every good comic needs either a muse or a straight-man/woman. If they don't then they have to create one in the minds of their audience.

:cheers:

Come to ZapCon, I’ll get you a “Yot’s Army” t-shirt.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2018, 07:09:11 pm »
Galaga down to $199 in my area now.....

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 07:33:24 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

@yotsuya I'd really love to, wish I was US based at times like this. But am on opposite side of world (SE Asia) for now and will be busy until mid-year. Going to build a swimming school with arcade cabs! Teaching comes  first, games later. Then I'll have to be in the Land of Oz (Australia) for a bit. Busy, but really wish I could be at Zapcon! for the experience! Have many US friends love to to visit too.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 07:42:43 pm »

C'mon, that's funny!

@yotsuya I'd really love to, wish I was US based at times like this. But am on opposite side of world (SE Asia) for now and will be busy until mid-year. Going to build a swimming school with arcade cabs! Teaching comes  first, games later. Then I'll have to be in the Land of Oz (Australia) for a bit. Busy, but really wish I could be at Zapcon! for the experience! Have many US friends love to to visit too.

I’ll give your shirt to Ond, you can get it from him in Melbourne. ;)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 07:43:15 pm »

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 08:11:24 pm »

Ahhh, you invoked S'tillrt, one of T'' G'reats.
Please send the T-shirt to me in Thailand, I'll PM the address (Not really worried about lackeys, I know everyone near me and have various alarm/trap systems optimised to detect suspicious persons, just that you never know for sure... )  :D

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2018, 08:45:54 pm »

Ahhh, you invoked S'tillrt, one of T'' G'reats.
Please send the T-shirt to me in Thailand, I'll PM the address (Not really worried about lackeys, I know everyone near me and have various alarm/trap systems optimised to detect suspicious persons, just that you never know for sure... )  :D

I tell you what, if we do T-shirts, I will send you one wherever you are living around that time. Scouts honor.