Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bartop Mod - Universal LVDS adapter  (Read 5601 times)

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
Re: Bartop Mod - Universal LVDS adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:29:23 pm »
I'd also be curious to hear from other that have worked with these.
I've got an older 50" Changhong tv that had a failed controller board. I purchased two different universal controllers and haven't been able to get it to work yet. I suspect the problem is with selecting the proper LVDS cable, since there seems to be several standards.

There are quite a few videos on youtube of various individuals demonstrating how to use them. Typically it looks like after getting the proper LVDS->Panel connector, you have to flash the board with the proper firmware for the resolution and driving voltage of the panel, and then some minor tweaking with the remote after entering a service mode, so make sure whatever you get has the controller board and/or a remote with it.

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 03:00:09 pm »
I'd also be curious to hear from other that have worked with these.
I've got an older 50" Changhong tv that had a failed controller board. I purchased two different universal controllers and haven't been able to get it to work yet. I suspect the problem is with selecting the proper LVDS cable, since there seems to be several standards.

There are quite a few videos on youtube of various individuals demonstrating how to use them. Typically it looks like after getting the proper LVDS->Panel connector, you have to flash the board with the proper firmware for the resolution and driving voltage of the panel, and then some minor tweaking with the remote after entering a service mode, so make sure whatever you get has the controller board and/or a remote with it.

Thanks for the input.

Yes, flashing it, and getting the firmware right will be the tricky part.
Otherwise, will get a larger monitor that has a known converter will be the way to go.

later

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 04:19:34 pm »
WHat's the make/model of the display - would be easier to find a driver board that will work if you have that info. ( should be able to contact one of the sellers on ebay etc. that sells driver boards and ask them which one would work with the model panel you have)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 05:23:09 pm »
I buy MT6820-B and/or MT561-B LVDS boards to replace toasted ones in 19 inch ELO monitors for touchtunes jukeboxes. they are almost plug and play except for repinning the power cable to swap the +5 and ground wires and swapping the connector for the menu buttons.

I have used them 2 times in the generaltouch touchtunes monitors, but I have to install a buck converter to change the 12v to 5v to run the LVDS. i suppose i could find a different straight up 12v capable one, but it doesn't come up very often and i usually have a buck converter i can use laying around.

most of the 19 inch and up panels use the standard LVDS connector, but some of the 17 inch panels and 15 inch panels use a PIN connector instead of an EDGE connector and is not compatible with the ones supplied in the kits you get off ebay etc.

i've never had a problem with a panel not working with them. you can usually type the panel number into google and get a info sheet that tells you the resolution bitrates and stuff you need to set the LVDS to. some LVDS need to be programmed from the seller, others are dip/jumper configurable. if it's the latter, be sure to supply your seller with this info so it gets programmed correctly. be warned... a single letter difference (1234-AC vs 1234-ACB vs 1234-A) can be a huge difference in panels so be sure to double check before sending off your order.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 05:40:04 pm »
Here's the current information about the new monitors being used so far:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/brtzpw/monitors_gen1_vs_gen2_new_replacement_gen1_lcds/

later

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »
This is the adapter I've used on the Pacman cabinets
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4FL014

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 12:37:41 am »
Here is the universal LVDS adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VJRUBJS

SS-Tech Universal LCD Monitor Driver Board Kit w/ Keypad VGA Cable Built-in 23 Programs Support 10-42'' LVDS Screen
by S-Tech

Price:   $17.00

Built-in 23 Programs
Support:10-42'' LVDS screen
Resolution: support to 1920*1200
Kit including driver board, keyboard,VGA,DC & LVDS cable
Easy to install ,convenient to DIY a monitor

later

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 02:30:38 pm »
ahh, that's basically a 12 volt version of the ones I use... with also a separate VGA ribbon cable instead of attached VGA. I'll have to snag a couple of those for when I have to do general touch monitors.