Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Why Terminator is ridiculous  (Read 16336 times)

schmerzkaufen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
Re: Why Terminator is ridiculous
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:56 am »
They can not handle even the mildest of Criticism's. They take such things as serious as a Knife Attack... and they resort to the most extreme measures, when their Egos are Bruised.
Is he a MAME dev?  :P

--

Anyway back on topic I've finally watched Genisys and, well, it screams fan service from start to finish. It even feels written by fans if you know what I mean.

It's no better or worse than T3, both are just average flicks, but Genisys has that unfortunate 'cocaine for the fans' smell that IMO makes it even more irreleant than the former within the franchise (of course part of T3 is fan service as well but its not trying nearly as hard)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2018, 09:28:42 am »
I wish blocking a user blocked when they were  quoted too.

Can we at least agree that t2 pin is better than t3, but t3 has better dmd animations.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2018, 09:40:44 am »
T3, much like Alien 3, is a move best left forgotten for everyone's sakes.

Too much illogical ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, bad acting and bad direction for all involved, especially the audience.

I feel the same way about Terminator as I do with the Alien series. T1 was more suspenseful, thriller, than T2. Just like Alien and Aliens. T2 had more action, one-liners, and pretty straightforward in story telling, just like Aliens had compared to Alien.

Both series had ---smurfy--- third entries, and with either series I only care about the first two movies. The rest are irrelevant.

I love the Alien franchise, so assumed you were wrong about Alien3.  Then I tried to remember what Alien 3 was about and couldn't so had to google it.  That reminded me of the premise, but I still don't remember a damn thing about the movie despite owning it and seeing it at least 2 times.
....so yes.  Forgettable.  Or at least denial on my part.

If anyone has an audible membership, Alien: Out of the Shadows is one of the free Audible originals this month.
https://www.audible.com/ep/audible-originals-member-benefit?ref=a_hp_c0_banner_img&pf_rd_p=3b919f17-406d-499f-822d-cc8bfdf91e7a&pf_rd_r=K1NDMY9WM5BTRC17ERAR& 
Shame I already bought it a long time ago.
I thought it was pretty friggin' awesome.  Haven't listened to the other two yet.  The X-Files originals are even better.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2018, 12:06:22 pm »
I love the Alien franchise, so assumed you were wrong about Alien3.  Then I tried to remember what Alien 3 was about and couldn't so had to google it.  That reminded me of the premise, but I still don't remember a damn thing about the movie despite owning it and seeing it at least 2 times.
....so yes.  Forgettable.  Or at least denial on my part.

This pretty much exactly summarises my initial Alien3 experience - after watching it the first time I tried to blot it out of my memory, with a lot of success at first. But then I watched it again about 10 years later and didn't hate it as much, even liked some bits, but yes, was probably better left forgotten.

I enjoyed the characters in Alien Resurrection, that movie got me to better appreciate Peter Dinklage as an actor and made me look forward to another sequel with same characters (it never came).
Check out my completed projects!

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:43 am »
I watched Terminator Salvation.  That movie is ridiculous.  Anton Yelchin is in it.  Depressed me a bit.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2018, 11:05:35 am »
I watched Terminator Salvation.  That movie is ridiculous.  Anton Yelchin is in it.  Depressed me a bit.

Same here.  If you really want to get depressed, go drive one of the Jeeps that killed him.  Every time you have to press that stupid button to release the thing out of Park is a reminder.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:44 pm »
Yelchin earned a Darwin award, looks like. (My daddy taught me to put on the emergency break.) I haven't seen him in other movies, so I don't know his quality as an actor.

@Zebidee: compulsion has no compunction for the vessel it directs.

@Yotsuya: oh. I missed it.

@Badmouth: come on, Sherman, into the Way Back Machine.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:35:42 pm by Mr. Peabody »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2018, 04:22:47 pm »
Yelchin earned a Darwin award, looks like. (My daddy taught me to put on the emergency break.)

Eh, not really.  The setup was really dumb.  It's fun to be snarky, though.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2018, 10:12:44 pm »
No snark from me. Just bewilderment. He didn't use a critical piece of safety equipment, got whacked because of it, and his parents got money out of it. Life in America.

Yelchin was 27.