Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vcarve export  (Read 4388 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Vcarve export
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:38:00 pm »
I have some files I made up to cut out some cocktail cabinet sheets but this version of Vcarve won't export any files without coughing up a pile of cash.

Fusion360 just won't do anything for some reason. (won't load, wont make new parts)

buddy uses some program called alphacam and the company has a trybeforeyoubuy thing, but THAT'S not working...and I was hoping to just export these files to like DXF or something so he can load them with his program and create the toolpaths.

if someone here has vcarve and can load these and export them for me that would be awesomener.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

EDIT

turns out these files are also locked to a particular installation. nothing can be done except redraw them somewhere else.

thanks vectric
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:52:39 pm by lilshawn »

bdn103

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 09:29:59 pm
    • Classic Arcade Cabinets - FREE arcade cabinet build plans, printable PDFs and CNC plans
Re: Vcarve export
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:47:50 pm »
Wow...never heard of that. Was the version bundled with a CNC? I can export mine without problem.....even when expired. (can't convert versions).

Brian

WoodChucksCNC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2019, 03:37:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 03:36:00 pm »
Vectric software does not expire. I own and use Aspire.
Were you able to get your files converted or redrawn?
It has been a while since your post and has been a while since I have been on this forum.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 06:43:12 pm »
i found a version of aspire that was of... dubious origin. I'm able to save the file as their format... but not reopen them. i'm able to export as DXF or whatever, and able to load them... i just have to manually re-enter the sheet dimensions everytime...not totally functional, but functional enough that i could get it to our CNC guy. the parts turned out great, accurately dimensionalized, and easy enough to tweak to add holes and whatnot.

Aspire is a very nice program to use and I will entertain purchasing the software if I end up getting a CNC unit of my own. i'm currently looking at a kit that once I get moved in the next couple months...I may buy it, build it, and set up at home in my garage... then perhaps I'll convince the boss to pay me to cut out the cocktail kits instead.