Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ridge Racer with G29 wheel - clutch has to be held in?  (Read 2503 times)

stevepax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2019, 06:51:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ridge Racer with G29 wheel - clutch has to be held in?
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:13:57 pm »
Check out the attached picture of my configuration for Ridge Racer, using the Logitech G29 wheel with shifter and pedals. I Got the shifter all configured fine. But for some reason, when I play the game, the car will only really go if I hold the clutch in. I can't reverse the clutch, because it's actually a single pushbutton in this game, I believe. But see in the picture how it mapped when I pressed the clutch to input that control?

I guess my question is, does your configuration look like this for Ridge Racer too? Or is something weird with my clutch? This is the first game I've configured that actually uses the clutch to shift gears.

Thanks!

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
Re: Ridge Racer with G29 wheel - clutch has to be held in?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 11:27:51 pm »
I play using a G27 but I have the pedals combined and have no issues.

stevepax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 01:46:21 am »
I play using a G27 but I have the pedals combined and have no issues.

I thought about that, but then I'd have to go re-map every other game I have on there to use just half of combined pedals. And I'm still not sure it would even help my clutch problem, since the clutch is not a combined pedal.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 06:57:08 am »
Looks reversed in the mapping.

You may have already tried this, but usually you can reverse a mapping by holding the pedal down before selecting it to remap, then when it is time to map, let the pedal up.

Since the clutch pedal shows as a single axis, you may have to do so something weird like hold it halfway, then when it is time to map press it down (or let it up)

stevepax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 10:32:55 am »
Looks reversed in the mapping.

You may have already tried this, but usually you can reverse a mapping by holding the pedal down before selecting it to remap, then when it is time to map, let the pedal up.

Since the clutch pedal shows as a single axis, you may have to do so something weird like hold it halfway, then when it is time to map press it down (or let it up)

This is a great idea. I'll give it a shot with Ridge Racer 2.

For this one, I actually got it to work by just going into the .cfg file and replacing the "POS_AXIS" with a "NEG_AXIS" for the clutch input (once I figured out which input that was), and that took care of it.

Edited to add: I tried the trick of holding in the clutch pedal, then pressing Enter to map the clutch, then releasing the pedal in Ridge Racer 2, and that worked perfectly. Great tip, and way easier than fishing through the config file. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:44:01 am by stevepax »