Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Virtua Cop 3 - Chihiro version now works in Emulation  (Read 5607 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Virtua Cop 3 - Chihiro version now works in Emulation
« on: November 05, 2018, 01:10:31 pm »
The Sega Chihiro arcade version of Virtua Cop 3 is now playable in CXBXR Emulator. It's not perfect, there are some audio and graphical issues, but it plays well enough with an Xbox 360 pad. Impressive stuff from the CXBXR team.

VirtuaIceMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 08:16:45 pm
Re: Virtua Cop 3 - Chihiro version now works in Emulation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:22:53 pm »
That's cool! I'm barely able to keep up with all the new emulsion/hacks going on. I saw Teknoparrot is now doing House of the Dead 4, Virtua Tennis 3 and a version of Virtua Fighter 5 though.
Check out my racing game videos, including every PC F1 and Rally game ever, over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtuaIceMan/

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »
It's impressive.  What kind of machine do you need to run it in terms of system specs?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 07:39:39 am »
I haven't been keeping up on cxbx.  Are they still basically trying to convert the original game code to standard PC code or are they emulating the hardware?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:30:10 pm »
It's impressive. What kind of machine do you need to run it in terms of system specs?

My PC:
Intel core i5-2310 @2.90GHz - 8 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 - 2 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium

The frame rate was fluctuating between 30 - 60fps when I was playing (I think some of the dips were video capture related).

I haven't been keeping up on cxbx.  Are they still basically trying to convert the original game code to standard PC code or are they emulating the hardware?

Good question. I'm not really sure myself, just having a quick look at the CXBXR wiki page, I think it sounds like they're trying to emulate it.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 02:46:02 pm »
It's possible to get past the title screen, past the car and music selection screens and as far as the loading screen on Chihiro Outrun 2 beta, then the game crashes. This probably isn't all that exciting for all you guys who've been playing Outrun 2 SP in Teknoparrot, but for a Windows 7 sadcase like me it's pretty exciting to see an actual coin-op version of Outrun 2 get so close to being actually playable at home.