Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Upgraded groovyMAME/CRTemudriver; now Mortal Kombat games don't look as good  (Read 2154 times)

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
Hello!

I was on an older groovyMAME and just updated to the latest. I also saw there was a newer version of CRTemudriver so I decided to update that too.

Most games like Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 2 look perfect (320x240 on my Wells Gardner low res CRT). However, now all of a sudden all the Mortal Kombat games are way fuzzier than they used to be.

This is what I am getting when I boot those games up:

I am assuming this has something to do with groovyMAME/switchres trying to make adjustments since those games are a little "higher res" than the standard resolution. However, I don't mind a little bit being cut off the top and bottom if it means the image will be razor sharp.

How do I get the games to use what they were when they looked razor sharp? I would try to google/search this myself but I wouldn't even know what to type in!

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
You didn't create the required modes. You probably want to use super resolutions. Check this.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
You didn't create the required modes. You probably want to use super resolutions. Check this.

Thank you!

I have to do this every time I upgrade mame?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
I have to do this every time I upgrade mame?

No. You have to do that when you upgrade CRT Emudriver.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi