Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Upgrading from 0.192 to 0.203. I have a few questions.  (Read 1551 times)

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
Upgrading from 0.192 to 0.203. I have a few questions.
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:29:51 am »
Hey all. User/donor to the groovyMAME project and it is the best thing since sliced bread

I am on 0.192 and want to upgrade to 0.203. I've never actually updated groovyMAME before. Can I just take the 0.203 ROM set and CHD set torrents and point it to my 0.192 ROM set and let the torrent "check" the files?

Secondly and most importantly, can I keep the mame.ini from 0.192? I made so many changes to it that there is no way I am going to remember all of the changes I made. Can I keep it? Or do I absolutely have to use the 0.203 INI file?

Thanks so much as always guys. You are all the best!

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
Re: Upgrading from 0.192 to 0.203. I have a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:19:21 pm »
Regarding the torrents, yes you can point the new torrents to the old folders and have it "check" the files.  I just did this yesterday.  You probably have to rename the folder before-hand to match the new torrent folder name.  That's what I did, anyway.

No, you can't keep your mame.ini from the earlier version.  Sorry.

But what you can do is use a comparison/diff tool like BeyondCompare to examine the files side-by-side and move your changes over to the new file.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
Re: Upgrading from 0.192 to 0.203. I have a few questions.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:50:07 pm »
Regarding the torrents, yes you can point the new torrents to the old folders and have it "check" the files.  I just did this yesterday.  You probably have to rename the folder before-hand to match the new torrent folder name.  That's what I did, anyway.

No, you can't keep your mame.ini from the earlier version.  Sorry.

But what you can do is use a comparison/diff tool like BeyondCompare to examine the files side-by-side and move your changes over to the new file.

Thank you so much!