Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New/old fixer upper  (Read 2326 times)

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 02:12:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
New/old fixer upper
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:57:35 pm »
Thought i'd post a couple of before and current pics of the cab that I'm working on.  It's not finished, as it really needs side art, and i'm not ecstatic about the Control Panel setup.  (Also, the coin door still needs some things addressed.) 

2 befores:

1 current:

You can see that i changed the bezel, as the replacement CRT TV didn't sit in the same spot as the original monitor, even after removing it from the case.  Also, I'll look into some side art, soon, as well.

Not the best, but just thought i'd post an update. 

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: New/old fixer upper
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:29:15 pm »
Bump 'n Jump is one of my favorites.  I don't recall ever seeing one in a cabinet like that.

It looks much improved.  Did you re-vinyl the sides?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:47:14 pm »
I feel as Jenn just went through a time warp or something from spider webs to done, but it did clean up nice from the pics, Little curious about the monitor thing, was the old one bad or something? burnt? shorted? did you try a rejuve? In the future that woodgrain laminate is actually kind of fun once you get the hang of it, a small trimmer and a big file does the deed...But Anyway nice job! :applaud:

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:28:17 pm »

Bump 'n Jump is one of my favorites.  I don't recall ever seeing one in a cabinet like that.

It looks much improved.  Did you re-vinyl the sides?

Thanks. No, I painted it. I already had the paint left over from my home machine. However, after the fact, I kind of regret black. No biggie though.

That cab was an exidy Venture cab, that had been converted to a Deco cassette machine. The boards were bad, and there was no cassette when I got it, so it's a mame pc, now.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:33:49 pm »
Thanks Jen.

Yeah, I got a little lazy with the documentation. I'll post a great pic from the inside though, haha.

The original monitor had a corroded and broken pin on the tube. And after posting about it here, and talking to a few others, it seems like that the conclusion was that there was really no way to fix it. The type of monitor tube (Toshiba) was impossible to find a replacement for, also. At least it was when I looked.

It's funny you mention the wood grain. I actually really liked the wood grain, but it was in such rough shape, that I would have needed to sand, patch, and paint, before applying a new layer anyway. That's a shame too, because I really wanted to keep a wood grain cabinet. I also think that would have gone went way better with the original color scheme.

Attached is a picture of the small amount of routing I had to do to get the new CRT TV to fit in the cabinet with the back door. Another couple of millimeters, and I probably would have poked through the back, haha.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:36:01 pm by acvieluf »

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 04:45:22 pm »
Nice. I love Bump N Jump, but never played it in the arcade. Dont remember seeing one back then. First time I played it was on the Commodore 64, I think.

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:54:24 am
  • Just because.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 04:53:14 pm »
Burnin rubber!