Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cabinet/Desk All-in-One build and issues  (Read 1075 times)

jaywv1981

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 10:14:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Cabinet/Desk All-in-One build and issues
« on: October 30, 2018, 10:24:58 am »
To save space in my game room, I decided to convert my gaming desk and my arcade cabinet into one unit.  I build the control panel out of wood and then made the desktop out of 1/4 inch plexiglass so that I can see through it to see my controls.  It also lets me put all my gamepads under the desk and be able to see them to grab whichever one I want.  I really like the setup.

The problem I'm having is when my cabinet was in place all of my LED controls worked great with LEDBlinky.  All the correct buttons lit up for each game as I wanted.  I had not played it in a couple weeks while I was renovating game room.  Once I hooked it up on my new build none of the correct buttons light up.  I have a Howler board and everything is connected correctly.  For example, on TMNT, Player 2 would light up orange for Michaelangelo.  Now the stick lights up red, the buttons light up blue and purple.  I'm sure there is a config file somewhere that is messing this up but I've yet to find it.  I've even deleted everything as far as config files and remapped all the buttons.  On some games, like NBA JAM, some of the buttons don't even light up. 

On the LEDBlinky test program all of the buttons light up correctly and each have the Red Green and Blue lights lighting up as expected.  All of my inputs work and control the games as expected.  I'm hoping I didn't simply damage the board when I was moving it.  Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

jaywv1981

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 10:14:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Cabinet/Desk All-in-One build and issues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 09:09:48 pm »
I figured it out.  I moved some of my buttons and remapped them in MAME but I didn't remap them on the LEDBlinky software.