Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc J-Stik microswitch not registering at certain angles  (Read 1260 times)

zakari

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2018, 04:09:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc J-Stik microswitch not registering at certain angles
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:11:57 am »
I just recently bought a J-stik from Ultimarc but there seems to be a specific area next to one of the switches that does not allow the microswitch to activate even though the joystick is hitting the restrictor gate. Moving the joystick in the direction of that troublesome microswitch sometimes registers no movement in that direction.
So when one of the side switches is activated and then as you rotate the stick to the corner then the side switch will disengage before the the adjacent switch engages. I have tried rotating the restrictor gate as much as possible but it does seem to not rotate completely. Any suggestions as to what can be done?
https://imgur.com/gallery/3mMzyI1

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: Ultimarc J-Stik microswitch not registering at certain angles
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:54:55 pm »
Loosen the retaining screw, shift switch about, tighten. If still missing, loosen, push against direction of contact, tighten. May work.

Zipper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 12:32:50 pm
  • I've Built My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:48:37 pm »
Bend the arm of the microswitch that isn’t clicking. Just a little bit needed. I had to do the same thing - was perfect afterwards.

zakari

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2018, 04:09:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 03:08:29 am »
The problem was resolved. It seems that the issue was that the restrictor gate was not fully turned and required more turning in order for the joystick to work properly and hit the microswitches. I had tried earlier to turn it as much as I could but it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to damage the joystick. However after applying more force, the gate was able to move more and now the microswitches all engage and its now easier to turn the gate. It was a dumb mistake on my part. Thank you for the helpful replies