Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)  (Read 37282 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:43:45 pm
  • This plan is foolproof

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
I bet you many of those A1Ups were bought as well-meaning gifts. If I didn’t have my own real cabs, I guarantee you my wife would have bought me one thinking it was a cool retro gift.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
I bet you many of those A1Ups were bought as well-meaning gifts. If I didn’t have my own real cabs, I guarantee you my wife would have bought me one thinking it was a cool retro gift.

I actually made a point to drop heavy hints last year that I wasn't at all interested in those things to try and prevent getting one as a gift.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible - but not simpler."  You're saying your 'simple' is real hard. Mine is easy, and 99% of the things I've enjoyed.

I actually made a point to drop heavy hints last year that I wasn't at all interested in those things to try and prevent getting one as a gift.

Just say so. Then you won't.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible - but not simpler."  You're saying your 'simple' is real hard. Mine is easy, and 99% of the things I've enjoyed.

Just say so. Then you won't.
Simple and cheap are two different things, My simple is easy, but came wicked hard...And as consequence I don't enjoy that 99% of things but cherish that 1%

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Unit weighs 90 lbs.

More information from E3:

later

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
So I guess now the Arcade1Up sub-forum needs to be renamed to "Arcade1Up and all the crap that looks like it" and move this thread there.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Eh, I don't totally hate it.  I like that it has more on it than 2 or 3 ---smurfy--- old games.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
So I guess now the Arcade1Up sub-forum needs to be renamed to "Arcade1Up and all the crap that looks like it" and move this thread there.

No way. It doesn’t look like an a1up.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
Some of the more interesting software features that most other ones dont have yet:
-----------
- Cloud saves (besides normal savestates)

- Rewind feature dedicated button

This is an interesting feature, that was useful in Microsoft Gameroom for practicing.

Will be interesting to see how this is implemented.

later

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Eh, I don't totally hate it.  I like that it has more on it than 2 or 3 ---smurfy--- old games.

Nah it's horrible man.  Mind you it's horrible for completely different reasons, but still horrible.  The main thing is it's so ugly you'd have to wear a bag over your head when you played.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm

Ok I'll fix it:  "Arcade1Up + suckalikes"

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

No way man. I don't want all those weecades in there dork'n things up. Keep those in BYOAC proper with you "REAL" arcade guys.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline

Nah it's horrible man.  Mind you it's horrible for completely different reasons, but still horrible.  The main thing is it's so ugly you'd have to wear a bag over your head when you played.

It's role-playing time. Adults-only.

No way man. I don't want all those weecades in there dork'n things up. Keep those in BYOAC proper with you "REAL" arcade guys.

There is precedent to renaming the 1up thread to Altgames cabinets - and moving this thread there. Eh, Saint?

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
There is precedent to renaming the 1up thread to Altgames cabinets - and moving this thread there. Eh, Saint?

Negative. No way. Totally ridiculous. The mere existence of Arcade1up caused some people here to lose their cool, and despite it being arcade related news, it got banished to it's own forum. I lol at the idea of "precedent". Midway treasures didn't get its own sub-forum, and neither did Jakks - so there's your precedent, I vehemently protest the creation of Altgames and moving everything that doesn't meet some new poorly defined criteria being defined by a few protesters.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

Negative. No way. Totally ridiculous. The mere existence of Arcade1up caused some people here to lose their cool, and despite it being arcade related news, it got banished to it's own forum. I lol at the idea of "precedent". Midway treasures didn't get its own sub-forum, and neither did Jakks - so there's your precedent, I vehemently protest the creation of Altgames and moving everything that doesn't meet some new poorly defined criteria being defined by a few protesters.

Lol - I don’t know why you still see it as banishment. It’s a dedicated support forum for people who want to mod them. No different than the Pi subforum, the Jukebox subforum, or the lightgun and driving subforums.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
There are few mods that would make them any better, they are already too cheap to be viable in that light. Why just the other day  (*at W/mart) I saw 3 of them on clearence for 75.00 apiece..Still too much (Imo) unless you are gifting them to kids as a learning tool...However banishment is to harsh, The idiots buying them are virtually throwing away the real cabs they had stashed away...personally Jennifer can't stop smiling (and sometimes just Laughing for days) at how they brag up that new A1, as I cart away their old spiderweb junk...Life is good. 8)

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
He can't be the savior of the downtrodden if he looks at it rationally.

twalk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2022, 05:37:29 pm

Lol - I don’t know why you still see it as banishment. It’s a dedicated support forum for people who want to mod them. No different than the Pi subforum, the Jukebox subforum, or the lightgun and driving subforums.

Just to chip this in.. There's a big reason why A1U should have it's own forum and something like the AtGames cab shouldn't (at least right now). There have currently been well over 400K A1U's sold to date. By the end of the year, that number will probably exceed 700K units

That's a bigger than huge number. If the AtGames cab can sell 5% of that, it will be a success

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Where did you get that number?

twalk

• Offline Offline
Where did you get that number?

About 3 months ago, A1U announced they hit $100M in revenue. Simple math. In rough numbers, 100,000,000 / 300 -> 300K+ units. With the new cabs being released they're certainly over 400K by now. Note that only amounts to about 45 cabs sold per US Walmart since last Oct, so Wally World is probably a bit unhappy with that "low" of sales

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Link?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:28:01 pm by Mike A »

twalk

• Offline Offline
Link?

I'm definitely not in the habit of saving links to relatively obscure trivia from 3 months ago. A quick google search throws up garbage

I'm also making an assumption that number is from end sales. If it's A1U's own revenue, then Walmart insiders have reported they charge $150-$160 (varies per cab type) to Walmart

But like I said, that's not all that great of a sales rate for Walmart, so a lot of the stores discount them to move them quickly because they take up a lot a warehouse and shelf space. Even with the discounts, you're not looking at them moving them more than 1-2 a week per store on average

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Tastemakers LLC is not a public company as far as I know. Anything they report is likely to be fiction.

twalk

• Offline Offline
Tastemakers LLC is not a public company as far as I know. Anything they report is likely to be fiction.

Mike, I've got no problem with you believing what you want to believe. However I've was in a Walmart right after Christmas when they put an entire pallet of about 20 of them in the middle of the aisle on sale for $150. I had to go back there 2 days later. There was 1 left. They may have issues selling to any but the early adopters at full price, but these things sell well when on discount

They also won the Toy Association's Tech Toy of the Year award. You don't get that if you're not selling in pretty big numbers

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
You obviously have a problem with it because you keep trying to change my mind. I am sure they have sold a bunch of them. I just don't believe anything they say.

twalk

• Offline Offline
You obviously have a problem with it because you keep trying to change my mind. I am sure they have sold a bunch of them. I just don't believe anything they say.

Wow, a form of passive-aggressive attack against me. I'm "wounded". You asked twice for info. I was nice enough to give you info. Then you twist it around to attack me. I really don't care what you think. You really need to get over yourself. All this stuff here is fantasy. In the end, it doesn't matter. I was called earlier today about a family member that almost ended up in the emergency room. That's reality

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Tastemakers LLC is not a public company as far as I know.

Your clue is in the “LLC,” bro.

They sold well enough to make more models of them.  I’m personally surprised but eh.  Those stupid Midway cabinets never caught on.  Zizzle pinballs were a flop.  Something went right this time...

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
I wasn't sure how far their tentacles reached. Amazon is organized as an LLC in several states to maximize tax advantages. They fall under the umbrella of Amazon the C Corp and whatever other Byzantine methods they use to leverage their massive wealth. It can be difficult to figure out who owns what unless you spend more than five minutes poking around. I haven't really cared to dig into Tastemakers structure.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

You know it's not just for support. It's supposed to be where all Arcade1up conversation goes, including the latest announcement of a Star Wars cabinet complete with yoke. That's big news and has big potential but no mention here because... feelings.... Also, the fact that thread kept getting bumped with non-news was annoying.

It's banishment because some guys here got such ants in their pants when not everyone snubbed them, they couldn't bare to even look at a Arcade1up thread without making off color remarks. The treatment of the folks who choose to buy these is shameful.

The mention of Arcade1up will probably cause this thread to be moved there so pansies won't have to see the "A" word.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

You know it's not just for support. It's supposed to be where all Arcade1up conversation goes, including the latest announcement of a Star Wars cabinet complete with yoke. That's big news and has big potential but no mention here because... feelings.... Also, the fact that thread kept getting bumped with non-news was annoying.

It's banishment because some guys here got such ants in their pants when not everyone snubbed them, they couldn't bare to even look at a Arcade1up thread without making off color remarks. The treatment of the folks who choose to buy these is shameful.

The mention of Arcade1up will probably cause this thread to be moved there so pansies won't have to see the "A" word.

Let it go, Lew. Let it go. You sound as bitter as some of these “pansies”.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline

---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. It was because one guy, and everyone knows who, absolutely could not ---smurfing--- stop reposting every single thing, no matter how insignificant, related to A1Ups that he found elsewhere on the internet and bumping multiple threads on the main forum every ---smurfing--- hour.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Tastemakers LLC is not a public company as far as I know.

Your clue is in the “LLC,” bro.

They sold well enough to make more models of them.  I’m personally surprised but eh.  Those stupid Midway cabinets never caught on.  Zizzle pinballs were a flop.  Something went right this time...

I'm not surprised at all.  You've got to remember, we know arcade machines, most normal people don't.  They used the original artwork and since most people don't actually remember what their favorite cab looked like they see one and stupidly think it's an exact replica (only smaller) of their favorite game.  It's the same reason atgames plug and play consoles succeed to this day.... they may play like crap but superficially they look like the consoles everyone remembers.    You've also got to remember that as bad as these are, they are still leaps and bounds better than the midway plug and play cabs with their 8 inch screen put in a standard sized cabinet with garbage artwork plastered all over it.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof

---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. It was because one guy, and everyone knows who, absolutely could not ---smurfing--- stop reposting every single thing, no matter how insignificant, related to A1Ups that he found elsewhere on the internet and bumping multiple threads on the main forum every ---smurfing--- hour.

That about sums it up.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

Let it go, Lew. Let it go. You sound as bitter as some of these “pansies”.

Fair enough. I don't take well to being called an "idiot" and the nonsense talk of banishing all other commercial arcade ventures to a sub-forum deserved a reply.

:soapbox:

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade

"Arcade1Up & Other Crappy Toys"
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
I just want to talk about building arcade cabinets.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
I just want to talk about building arcade cabinets.

Pfft... Who’s got time for that!!!  ;p

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline

Pfft... Who’s got time for that!!!  ;p