Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)  (Read 37301 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
from the atariage site:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/

feel free to ask questions there.

press release here:
https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2018/10/17/atgames-and-the-tetris-company-announce-iconic-puzzle-game-tetris-featured-in-legends-flashback-console-and-upcoming-legends-ultimate-home-arcade/

Value-Priced High Definition Console and Upcoming Home Arcade Machine Will Feature Legendary Video Games, Including Tetris®

Los Angeles – October 17, 2018 - AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products, and The Tetris Company, LLC, purveyors of one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world, today announced that they have expanded their agreement to include the iconic puzzle game Tetris® as one of the featured games in the new, full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, which comes with an unprecedented 400 built-in games. This product will join the Legends Flashback console, which is available at major retailers everywhere, and features 50 built-in games, including Tetris.

“These new products offer families and gamers everywhere a selection of the best classic games from the top publishers and brands,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re thrilled that The Tetris Company and their iconic game, Tetris, are a key part of these exciting products.”

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Legends Flashback console features Tetris as one of 50 built-in arcade and home games, which have become legendary thanks to their timeless fun and endless replay value. Other games include such hits as Galaga, 1942, BurgerTime, Dig Dug, Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Mega Man, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, and so much more! Other impressive features of the Legends Flashback include high definition 720p video output with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep. Two ergonomic six button gamepads are included for one or two player action.

“We’re excited to have the iconic game of Tetris included in the incredible classic games lineups showcased in the Legends Flashback console and upcoming Legends Ultimate Home Arcade,” says Maya Rogers, President and CEO of Blue Planet Software, Inc., sole agent for the Tetris brand.

“We think the intense, addictive gameplay that Tetris is known for by fans worldwide will be a great fit for these premium console and home arcade offerings.”

=======================

later
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:19:51 am by negative1 »

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
Interesting.  I hope it's Atari's Tetris (atetris) because everything else I've tried isn't as good.  It was only a matter of time until someone saw the Arcade 1UP offerings and though they could make something better.  I assume the 21.5" monitor will be 16:9 but if it is actually 4:3 I'll buy one just for that.

negative1

• Offline Offline
update:
--------
The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The philosophy behind this product is simple. While AtGames has traditionally worked within the restrictions of low-cost video game hardware and software, we saw an opportunity to work in a more premium space, where there would be far fewer restrictions. So that means arcade-quality parts and underlying hardware (and software) that's far more powerful than anything previously possible. So while we're still stressing Affordable Family Fun, we're now doing it with a different class of product with an entirely different set of (higher) expectations. Although the price will be low, the experience is going to be premium, including post-purchase.

While I can't answer that much until the additional reveals take place (like amazing publishing partners, games, how this will be sold, etc.) - which I'll make sure are reflected here - I'll try to anticipate a few of the questions to start.

Q - Is this DIY friendly?

A - Yes. Although this will use arcade-style parts, you should have little trouble swapping in joystick styles and button types of your own preference.

Q - What kind of games are on here?

A - There is a massive selection of real arcade games, obviously, but also a generous selection of home games from top consoles.

Q - Is this just a plug and play console stuck inside a full-size arcade cabinet?

A - No! This is much higher-end hardware than is possible in any plug and play, and supports higher-performance/higher demand games. You'll also notice significant user interface, emulation, and other differences.

later

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Another non-DIY piece of crap winds up on a DIY forum. :applaud:
%Bartop

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm

When I joined this site it was full of people taking an old throw-away CRT and desktop, getting a load of MDF from Home Depot, and turning it into something that rivaled or surpassed genuine commercial arcade cabinets.

Now it's about buying cheap, flimsy, mass-produced consumer gimmicks and talking about how they're serviceable if you just perform X, Y, and Z mods.

negative1

• Offline Offline

When I joined this site it was full of people taking an old throw-away CRT and desktop, getting a load of MDF from Home Depot, and turning it into something that rivaled or surpassed genuine commercial arcade cabinets.

Now it's about buying cheap, flimsy, mass-produced consumer gimmicks and talking about how they're serviceable if you just perform X, Y, and Z mods.

this one is using arcade quality parts, if you read the post,

and replacing it with other arcade quality parts, if you prefer bat tops to ball sticks, sanwa buttons, etc.

it should be perfectly playable as is, but everyone has different preferences.

later

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

You know it’s funny, when I first started in this hobby in 2010, I was going to buy a Tank Stick and go that route, but it was this very site that persuaded me that I could do everything on my own. I was inspired by peoples projects and the custom things they created. It gave me the confidence to wire up my own control panel, and now I can do things with wood, paint, and electronics that I could only have dreamed about 8 years ago.

I get where you’re coming from.

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Things like this dont interest me.
I would sooner go out and buy an original cabinet and do it up.

And the fact its from AT games whos reputation imo is utter ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- well yeah no interest at all.

I will stick with my home built mame machine and my A51 cab project.

On a Side note (and nothing to do with cabinets per se) I do have something very special I will be sharing with you guys in the next few weeks hopefully.
I cant say to much atm but it will be a review of sorts of something I am pretty excited about and some of you guys hopefully will be to!!
I will be bringing it here first though so watch out for it ;)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
I've been here far longer than most and I can tell you that a lot of the diy attitude back then came from the simple fact that you had no other choice.  The earlier version of this site pre-dated (affordable) keyboard encoders... if you wanted to make a control panel you HAD to hack something.  Pretty early on Andy started selling encoders and the jpac and many of the old guard was against this commercialized short-cut.  Now we can all agree that is a bit silly.  I for one am glad that people now have options as it means more people get to enjoy old games.  I like to do it myself... hell I even write a lot of the software end of things as well, but someone that can't screw two pieces of wood together should be allowed to play as well. 

My point is people byoac for different reasons.... for some it's the process and for others it's the end product and that's ok. 

That being said, this is atGames.  They couldn't even do a $20 hdmi stick right so I don't have any faith in this particular product. 

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
I don't know man.  Injecting profit and money into a hobby tends to incentivize  those making the money to squeeze out and silence those who promote doing it for free (a hobby).  Pulling interest into the hobby might be good, but pulling in straight up consumers is not all that great for products that were on the verge of being in the public domain.

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
I don't know man.  Injecting profit and money into a hobby tends to incentivize  those making the money to squeeze out and silence those who promote doing it for free (a hobby).  Pulling interest into the hobby might be good, but pulling in straight up consumers is not all that great for products that were on the verge of being in the public domain.
+1 to this.  You can look no further than than the the rise of retro consoles and what that's done to rom sites.  I equate it to a toddler who notices a cousin playing with one of their old toys they haven't touched in years..."Oh you want that?  Give It! It's mine!"

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Haze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
    • MAME Development Blog
I've be weary about this product given that AT Games are pulling a bait+switch scam with the recent collection they did that's sold in stores.

(They sent reviewers copies with arcade ROMs on to get good reviews, then sold a terrible NES based thing in stores instead.  Products are completely identical from an external point of view, this isn't even subtle, nor do they care about the negative feedback from the scam)

Basically buy AT Games products at your peril

There are some claiming the Arcade stuff was pulled because it was MAME and they didn't have the proper license, but I've no evidence of that (technically it isn't a problem either, as long as they used 0.172 or above and provide full sources.  All versions before that as well as other projects based on such versions like Final Burn Alpha / FBA and Mame4all / Mame4droid are strictly NO COMMERCIAL USE however)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:44:27 pm by Haze »

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 07:02:12 am
Could it have one of those 400 in 1 Pandora's box's in it?

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:31 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
I've been here far longer than most and I can tell you that a lot of the diy attitude back then came from the simple fact that you had no other choice.  The earlier version of this site pre-dated (affordable) keyboard encoders... if you wanted to make a control panel you HAD to hack something.  Pretty early on Andy started selling encoders and the jpac and many of the old guard was against this commercialized short-cut.  Now we can all agree that is a bit silly.  I for one am glad that people now have options as it means more people get to enjoy old games.  I like to do it myself... hell I even write a lot of the software end of things as well, but someone that can't screw two pieces of wood together should be allowed to play as well. 

My point is people byoac for different reasons.... for some it's the process and for others it's the end product and that's ok. 

That being said, this is atGames.  They couldn't even do a $20 hdmi stick right so I don't have any faith in this particular product.

I agree.  I remember buying a Hagstrom KE-24 early on for a keyboard encoder for some decent $$$, the only other option was people wiring into keyboard matrices, and having ghosting issues..

I have built and torn down 3 arcade machines.. This time around I'm planning on getting an empty cab and modding it.  I would love to build it from scratch, but know I don't realistically have the time.  Hell, I bought my SkeeBall machine a year ago and while I spent a little time on the software, I have barely done anything to it.

Sometimes convenience trumps DIY.  I agree on a DIY forum it should be primarily about DIY, but it doesn't mean people can't discuss/get excited about commercially available options.

Haze

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Development Blog

Given that they're just completely unlicensed MAME (somebody has claimed 0.153) / FBA bootlegs running on a terrible ARM based SoC, that would be a new low even for AT Games (although based on current happenings, possibly)

negative1

• Offline Offline

Doubtful, as they are getting the licensing for the games,
and probably have most of them already from all their other products combined.

later

negative1

• Offline Offline
here's an update on this machine / kit:

We're starting to finalize the improved arcade machine (you'll all be happy with the new iteration of and additions to the control panel!) and I was hoping to pass on some more info for the team to prioritize over the next few months. Basically, what you, as retro gamers, really want. This can be something about the build quality, the types of games you're after (obscure stuff, hits), features, etc. More or less your wishlist as a discerning and experienced retro gamer. Thanks!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/page-8#entry4205960

"Pre-orders and complete details should be well before then, actual release likely just a bit after that. We're still finalizing various partnership and content deals, etc., and considering additional variations, etc., so that could certainly change, but that's what we're tracking to at the moment."

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
It looks like their bar top is running a Pandora’s box. So are they legit or not? I’m fine with the Pandora’s box, but nothing about it is legal.  Lol

negative1

• Offline Offline
It looks like their bar top is running a Pandora’s box. So are they legit or not? I’m fine with the Pandora’s box, but nothing about it is legal.  Lol

which bar top, they don't have one. this is a full sized arcade unit.

later

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm

And before that, we had to travel somewhere to play arcade games. Time keeps marching forward...

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.

later

I think it was in the thread linked in the original post. I thought it was an atgame product. Anyways, question still stands. 400 games, are they all licenced? Using mame?

negative1

• Offline Offline

later

I think it was in the thread linked in the original post. I thought it was an atgame product. Anyways, question still stands. 400 games, are they all licenced? Using mame?

as far as i know, yes, they are licensed,
until someone gets their hands on it. don't know, since there are propietary emulators they use like MOO out there.

maybe it will be a combination of some, since there will be console games on there.

later

negative1

• Offline Offline
Re: AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 01:53:10 am »
Press Release: AtGames Digital Media Inc. has announced that iconic video games from Disney and Lucasfilm will be featured in their upcoming products

Fans can expect classic games from beloved properties like Disney’s Donald Duck, Tron, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Wreck-It Ralph, as well as games from Lucasfilm’s legendary Star Wars games portfolio. The games will appear on AtGames products including the full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, Blast! family plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles, retro consoles, and portables. More details, including pricing, full game lineup and availability will be announced soon.

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features more than 250 built-in arcade and home games, including a range of classic Disney and Star Wars game properties and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, a trackball controller, and a built-in, low latency, high definition LCD. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Blast! series of plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles feature a curated selection of classic titles unique to each model. Every Blast! includes high definition video output, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

“These new products offer families everywhere a way to experience some of the greatest classic Disney and Star Wars games in unique ways,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re delighted that Disney and Lucasfilm’s iconic properties are a key part of this exciting line-up of family-friendly products.”

negative1

• Offline Offline
Re: AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 07:10:42 pm »
Press Release: AtGames Announces Atari Games Included in Upcoming ‘Legends Ultimate Home Arcade’ Machine

Full-Size Home Arcade Machine Will Feature Legendary Video Games, Including Atari Favorites

PRESS RELEASE UPDATED: FEB 21, 2019 06:00 PST

LOS ANGELES, February 21, 2019 (Newswire.com) – AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products, today announced additional details about the upcoming Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, which comes with more than 250 built-in games. Among the many legendary games that will appear on this full-size home arcade unit is a large selection of Atari’s classic arcade and home video games. These favorite games can be enjoyed from the authentic arcade-style control panel, which includes two joysticks, six action buttons per player, a high-performance trackball and two spinners. The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade will take limited pre-orders at favorite retailers starting July 2019.

“This new full-size home arcade machine offers amazing play and features,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “A product like this simply wouldn’t be complete without featuring Atari’s legendary arcade and home classics as part of its extensive game lineup.”

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features more than 250 built-in arcade and home video games from Atari and other iconic publishers, including Atari legends like Breakout®, Centipede®, Crystal Castles®, Liberator®, Millipede®, Missile Command® and Warlords®. It offers a gameplay experience just like being at the arcade thanks to the machine’s authentic controls, including a high-performance trackball controller and two spinners for the ultimate in precision.

Meanwhile, the software powering the home arcade is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering options, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep. Additional features and extended functionality are still to be revealed.

About AtGames:

AtGames Digital Media Inc. (http://www.atgames.net) is a leader in innovative consumer-oriented interactive entertainment products. The company leverages the latest technology to develop and publish its best-selling classic videogame products for worldwide distribution. AtGames is based in Los Angeles, with international offices in Taipei and Shenzhen.

Source: AtGames Digital Media Inc.

negative1

• Offline Offline
The latest update on this machine, is it might show at E3, since AT Games is there.

Also, a render of the machine is up on youtube.

Looks weird with 2 spinners, and a trackball, on the control panel.

Supposedly, pre-orders in July.

No pricepoint yet, or listings.
--

The only interesting feature is that it is internet capable, supposedly for updates, and tournament and online play.

==============================
UPDATE:

-------------------------
https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2019/05/31/press-release-atgames-announces-the-legends-ultimate-arcade-machine/

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/05/mame-for-the-masses-legends-arcade-cabinet-could-thread-that-needle/

The Legends Ultimate is far from the first "multicade" cabinet to hit the market or aim for home users. But this "all-in-one" cabinet, with pre-orders planned to start in July, differentiates itself in part with a console-level suggested retail price: $599 for a the full-sized 66" cabinet, or $399 for a "compact" 44" tall version. That's a huge step down in cost from existing options that easily cost thousands of dollars for a full-sized upright cabinet.

And with two sets of joysticks and buttons, a trackball, and two spinners, the standard Legends Ultimate cabinet should be able to play most classic arcade games without much problem. The press release also promises Bluetooth compatibility and a coming light gun expansion, which will probably need some custom hardware to work with an LCD screen.

later
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 01:59:06 pm by negative1 »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
So how’s this work again? If I say I like it, it gets its own sub-forum, right?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

It’s a full-size machine, not a toy. It can stay put. ;)
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am

I agree.  I remember buying a Hagstrom KE-24 early on for a keyboard encoder for some decent $$$, the only other option was people wiring into keyboard matrices, and having ghosting issues..

I have built and torn down 3 arcade machines.. This time around I'm planning on getting an empty cab and modding it.  I would love to build it from scratch, but know I don't realistically have the time.  Hell, I bought my SkeeBall machine a year ago and while I spent a little time on the software, I have barely done anything to it.

Sometimes convenience trumps DIY.  I agree on a DIY forum it should be primarily about DIY, but it doesn't mean people can't discuss/get excited about commercially available options.
*Dirty little secret...If you love building machines you WILL find the time, Learning new skills and researching everything you can, Idly lost in thought at a traffic light, wandering around the mall, forgetting how you got there and what you were supposed to pick up, just because MikeA apparently cant weld and it makes you mad, Looking for parts and equipment on E/pay while you poop and dreaming in full color...Oh yes if you truly love the machines you WILL find the time.

pbj

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:50:01 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Anyone else sick of seeing 64th street and 88 games at the top of your games lists....

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I like 64th street but what's odd is the fact that it's on this machine.  Is this going to be another one of those deals where they assure everyone they have the proper licensing but a few years later we'll find out they didn't?

It looks like a 1up cab, which is decidedly a bad thing.  Also note the horrible layout.  It's a good attempt but an ugly design, horrible side art and a frakenpanel undoubtedly squeezed on a cp too small to accommodate it. 

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

$599 for a the full-sized 66" cabinet, or $399 for a "compact" 44" tall version

uh oh! 44" is 4" shorter than a Arcade1up and 16+ inches taller than a average bartop.

The good news is I'm sure the haters are going to take a break since they shot their load on the Arcade1up. I, for one, am interested to hear how this plays out. I'm almost 100% sure I won't be getting a pallet of these, despite my massive profits.

So much retro available. It's crazy! This is our genre of things getting watered down by mass produced reproductions. I guess we are getting old now that we are the target market to recreate nostalgia.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
Lew...It is hard not to get excited over the concept of arcade1, They are truly a perfect storm of consumerism if there ever was and they lure one in on the cuteness/price To the point of buying multiple.I been there  also, (You can get 2 of them in a cart) But would like to formerly  apologize for my part in that, Jenni is sorry :cheers:..As for these new machines I haven't seen one yet, but the design seems a bit off, The bottom is cut with a bathroom vanity feel, and I could see that being a problem after some hard use, The speakers seem a bit "In your face" and a bit distracting, As with the A/1 I would guess at some point someone will just scan it and offer up the build your own files for your local print shop templates offering one more control over quality and materials as a DIY build.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:41:31 pm by jennifer »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
There's no hate man, it just doesn't look very good.  The artwork looks like some of the horrid "let's throw 50 different characters that don't share the same art style on the side" look that we sometimes see around here.  That'd be excusable if it worked really well but with that layout even if it emulates everything perfectly and has a great interface it won't change the fact that those spinners are pretty much unusable where they are now.  At least with the 1up stuff things looked promising until we saw them in action... we haven't even seen it yet and there are already some pretty major things wrong with it. 

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Lew...It is hard not to get excited over the concept of arcade1, They are truly a perfect storm of consumerism if there ever was and they lure one in on the cuteness/price To the point of buying multiple.

You all vote for this every day. Brutal Truth.

Haze

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Development Blog
and AT Games are deliberately squirming out of questions regarding the emulator licensing, or ignoring them entirely, and apparently firing off cranky private messages at Jason Scott of The Internet Archive for highlighting that.

Previous Flashback units shipped with unlicensed versions of MAME despite claiming that everything is always fully licensed.

AT Games products are usually considered garbage, cutting costs wherever possible.

I'll let you draw conclusions.

Mine is that this is not the kind of company you want to be buying from.

pbj

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:50:01 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
My Genesis Classic is pretty cool.

:cheers:

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede

No, there needs to be a "Too ---smurfing--- Lazy to Build Your Own" sub-forum.
%Bartop

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

IKR!

I saw a dude using a USB encoder instead of hacking a keyboard and using a store bought spinner instead of making his own. It's crazy. I even heard that you can buy a arcade kit shipped flatpack right to your door. Lazy indeed.

Seriously, I get what your saying. Folks got lots of options nowadays and I don't think there is anything wrong with taking the easy way.

jennifer

• Offline Offline

IKR!

I saw a dude using a USB encoder instead of hacking a keyboard and using a store bought spinner instead of making his own. It's crazy. I even heard that you can buy a arcade kit shipped flatpack right to your door. Lazy indeed.

Seriously, I get what your saying. Folks got lots of options nowadays and I don't think there is anything wrong with taking the easy way.
Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

twalk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2022, 05:37:29 pm
Been lurking here off/on for the last 7 or so years... first post here

It's nice to see a bit of the "stuff" that was said in the arcade1up threads being toned down a bit. It had gotten really bad

About these AtGames cabs, while I could be wrong, I doubt that they're going to go anywhere. I think that AtGames (like some of the people here) are missing a big point. The arcade1up guys have had to have sold 400,000+ cabs by now. You don't get that many sales by selling an inferior game experience... unless a large number of these people are not actually playing games on them.. You get that many sales by selling a collectable. Arcade1up cabs can really trigger people's nostalgia button. I've actually seen a grown man giggle in happy girl tones about one. It's weird at times... If you go to a few arcade1up groups, you'll find a lot of people massively excited about them. When you ask how often they play them, they'll often either refuse to answer or sheepishly admit to not much

This AtGames cab... ugh, that's ugly. But with it's focus on 350 included games (how many are 2600 games and other console games?), every control known to man crammed onto the panel, and only post-purchase graphics wraps, it's competing more against something like a xbox than an arcade1up cab