Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MUGEN on your machines?  (Read 2395 times)

MikeyJ122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
MUGEN on your machines?
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »
Does anyone else here have MUGEN on their machines? It's honestly probably the most popular game on my machine, as far as with my kids. The fact that it's kinda like a "greatest hits" as far as characters go, makes it fun. If you dont have it, or never heard of it. I highly recommend it. Besides, if you can program one of these machines, you can program MUGEN.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

myriadgamers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 02:13:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: MUGEN on your machines?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:19 pm »
I honestly am going to be using a mugen set up on my machine. I have had people help me test it out the past couple of months... getting rid of characters that really break the mold, and adjusting values of some characters to better balance the game out.

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:08 am »
Nice to see another MUGEN player. Even though the game can be quite "buggy", once you get some of those characters out of your game, it can run pretty well, almost "official." Its also a great game for learning some real basic coding type ideas, I know that's where I learned what I know about coding. My game isn't perfect, no. Honestly I ALWAYS keep the timer on during matches, in case something glitches, the timer will catch it. It's better than having to reset the game, imo.

As I said before, it's honestly the MOST popular game on my machine with my kids. My 13 year old daughter has no interest in Street fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. But she loves MUGEN, lol. I also have a 3 year old son, he's too young for aes yet, and when he gets older I'm gonna start him on Ninja Turtles and other beat em' ups. But I wouldn't be shocked if MUGEN becomes his favorite game on the system as well.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

myriadgamers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 02:13:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:12:11 pm »
Mugen ends up being one of the most popular things depending on the machine I bring to conventions (I help run some video game rooms at my local conventions). I was at EVO this year and was inspired to build a new mugen set up using 1.1. It has been a journey and I still have the occasional crash but I have been nailing that all down with time and testing.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:33:35 pm »
The good thing about mugen is anyone can make a character.  The bad thing about mugen is that anyone can make a character.  I've found that most mugen based games are just a big mess because a decent chunk of the characters are poorly made or wildly OP, ect. 

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 11:29:46 pm »
That is all true, lol. But you can fix most of them. That's the beauty of it. I'm pretty happy with my MUGEN game, like I said it's probably them most played game on my arcade machine.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!