Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Guns switch from player 1 to 2 when restarting the computer  (Read 1908 times)

Moofa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2018, 08:29:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Guns switch from player 1 to 2 when restarting the computer
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
I been building an arcade machine using windows 7 and i have many peripherals connected and assined to different inputs.

I have 7 mic connections to the computer 3 of them just for more input buttons and the other 4 used to track x and y coordinates. (and even more keyboards but that i have all working)

Usb 1 want set to my wireless keyboard and mouse combo (mouse 1)
Usb 2 to IR gun 2 (mouse 2)
Usb 3 to IR gun 3 (mouse 3)
Usb 4 to mouse 4 track ball (mouse 4)

When I set the program (mame) to:

Gun 2 (mouse 2) as player 1
Gun 3 (mouse 3) so player 2
Trackball (mouse 4)

Every thing works fine. TILL I restart the computer and the order will change to which ever device is detected first.

So
Gun 2 can become Gun 1 (Mouse 1)
Trackball will become (mouse 2)
and so on.

This will cause chaos to my maping and calabration and I will need to remap and calabrate to every game I want to play. I don't like this as this become inconvenient to me and my friend when switching game to play. Is their a way to set Ports and ID numbers to these Peripherals so they will not change? Thanks to all that replies.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Guns switch from player 1 to 2 when restarting the computer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:51:15 pm »
Yes there is, Do a search for USB ID’s in windows and there are several threads on it.

Moofa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:18:53 pm »
I have searched USB I'd but nothing says how to lock them so they don't  change on me.  If u found something plz post it.  I been trying to fix this issue for a week now. Thanks

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:28:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 05:02:31 am »
"Controller remap" is a better search phrase.   ;D

There are two approaches to choose from:

1. Use the function in MAME v0.179(?) or newer discussed here.

2. Use the older Drventure's Controller Remap utility here with  Stigzler's GUI here.

Scott

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »
I used the guid here to lock my two Aimtraks to always be seen as the same ID in MAME all the time, as it changed up all the time before! Now works perfectly.
Think you need a quite recent MAME version though
"One coin to rule em' all"

Moofa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 02:58:24 pm »
Thanks that all replied so far.  I need to lock these ports not only in mame but for model 2 emulator and  other programs.  I am using troubleshooter2 for  with model 2 emulator so I can play virtual cop and house of the dead.   So I want to lock them with in windows.  I am also using 3d arcade  front end.
I been using this front end for about 10 years and LOVE IT. Some one told me it depends on the chip set and the drivers.   I fix arcade machines for a living and a lot of us  in the business run mame machines at home as a hobbies.  It's the only way to keep these games alive.  I will watch that u tube video when I get home.  If any other ideas so I can do this with in windows plz post.  Thanks to all in the community.