Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Led button customization  (Read 1710 times)

myriadgamers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 02:13:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Led button customization
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:12:56 pm »
I have been working on my front end software for a good bit, using Attract Mode. I am about ready to start purchasing buttons and the like to do further tests before I build the whole cabinet. I was curios if anyone has found some software that could be used to control LED lit buttons? I wanted to see if I could turn off or turn on certain lights depending on the game the player is playing. For instance I am using some software called Joy2key to tell my system when I open certain programs that dont have support for a joystick to make it use Keyboard commands instead. I was wanting a program that detects certain EXE files and changes the light config depending on the game being played. So players can get a visual representation of which buttons work on which games.

I understand that this might end up being a custom programming adventure but was curious if someone else has done the work already.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: Led button customization
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »
There is a sticky (top of the Software section) for LED Blinky.  Start reading there.

myriadgamers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 02:13:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 03:13:12 pm »
Thank you and it is very helpful. Software has a great price and I see what I need to order part wise.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:08:55 pm »
I have LEDBlinky and have custom lights per system (like console games, ex. NES A and B red) and per games like NEO Geo, active buttons light up.
Have taken me ruffly 2 yrs to get completed, but I have RGB buttons, which makes it even more time consuming but revarding in the end.

When scrolling in HyperSpin you see the buttons directly and they stay when the game is started.

You want to pay for LEDBlinky to get rid of the nag sceen and support Arzoo  :applaud:
Then I found the superb program RocketBlinky which generates all (say 90%) of all MAME and other systems for you!!!! Awesome!
Then you get inside the LEDBlinyControl.xml and edit it for new /missing / faulty titles for your own liking

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=150224.0

Cheers!
"One coin to rule em' all"