Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Custom Golden Tee machine  (Read 1258 times)

Anthony1976

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2018, 05:46:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Custom Golden Tee machine
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:16:35 pm »
Hello
I'm looking to have a custom Golden Tee machine made. I have a 2005 Golden Tee fore arcade machine which I love but my wife has decided that it has to go and it doesn't suit the room.

Is it possible to have a freestanding small unit with the tracker ball and other buttons etc that can be linked to a HD tv which we already have on the wall? The motherboard/other components could be housed in a cupboard we have under the TV.

I can get a portable frame fabricated to house the controls which I can then disconnect and remove when not playing it.

Any advice/quotes/contacts very welcome. I know I'm not going to win the battle for keeping the original machine and I really want to be able to play it still!

Many thanks
Anthony

adamcian

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 12:14:33 am
Re: Custom Golden Tee machine
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:07:04 am »
Hello
I'm looking to have a custom Golden Tee machine made. I have a 2005 Golden Tee fore arcade machine which I love but my wife has decided that it has to go and it doesn't suit the room.

Is it possible to have a freestanding small unit with the tracker ball and other buttons etc that can be linked to a HD tv which we already have on the wall? The motherboard/other components could be housed in a cupboard we have under the TV.

I can get a portable frame fabricated to house the controls which I can then disconnect and remove when not playing it.

Any advice/quotes/contacts very welcome. I know I'm not going to win the battle for keeping the original machine and I really want to be able to play it still!

Many thanks
Anthony

Rec Room Masters has a pedestal  https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-Stand-Up-Pedestal-Arcade-Machine-p/rm-xt-ped-stand.htm) coming soon that would likely be perfect for that. I randomly had the chance to see the prototype in person in their store and it looks great. Would likely do the trick for you without being huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:08:24 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Custom Golden Tee machine
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:33:42 am »
I know I am wasting my time here. You already have the machine. Don't let your wife henpeck you into getting rid of it. You are going to be spending your whole life losing battles. It is one thing to discuss with her buying the machine in the first place. She must have been okay with it at one time. You say you really like the machine. Don't freakin' back down. Don't let her hide all of your stuff in a cabinet. You will never be happy living like this. You can respect and love your wife and still stand your ground.