Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Marquee Artwork Help!  (Read 3183 times)

Bigbadmamajama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2018, 08:27:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Marquee Artwork Help!
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:52:44 am »
Hello everyone,
I tried to go the legit route for purchasing marquee artwork through Etsy. The seller wasn't able to actually add the customization I wanted, even though I think it would be pretty simple. I'd love to know if there's anyone that could help me out.
This is the image: https://imgur.com/gallery/uLpLPN4

Basically, I want to replace the Word "MAME" and subscript with "ARNDTCADE" That's it. Everything else can stay the same. I think the ARNDTCADE part might need to be in a font color that is a little brighter, but maybe not. I can try and find a higher resolution image if someone is willing to do it. I can also get you specific dimensions on how big it should be (I think it was 23x7 but will confirm when I get home).
Thank you for reading!

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
Re: Marquee Artwork Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:33:28 pm »
If the "artist" from Etsy made it himself he would for sure be able to do so himself. So apparantly he didn't make the art. So doesn't sound really legit to me.

But if you provide a psd/ai/pdf of it I am sure someone could help you.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:48:37 pm »
Another  :censored: collage.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 03:18:37 pm »
If the "artist" from Etsy made it himself he would for sure be able to do so himself. So apparantly he didn't make the art. So doesn't sound really legit to me.

But if you provide a psd/ai/pdf of it I am sure someone could help you.

^This -- If he made it then he'd have the photoshop file with the layers so he could hide the MAME text and just add your text -- without that it's much more work since you'd have to patch the background objects back in after removing the text or add other background objects to make it look right since you can't remove the text and leave the background behind it if you don't have the original background image.

If you have the full background image adding the text you want would be fairly easy !

A quick Google image search shows this 1920x1080 copy of the background image that might prove useful :

Pretty sure the rest is just a couple more images that they overlayed for the sides - but that part is what you need to cover up the Mame LOGO if you don't have the full layered pic.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:37:17 pm by JDFan »

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 03:26:43 pm »
Another  :censored: collage.

Have to agree, op you will hate this mishmash soon after you install it.  Way too busy.  I shudder to imagine what you have planed for your control panel.

That said, gameongrafix.com has a big selection of MAME themed marquees that you can find here:

https://www.gameongrafix.com/marquees/all

They will also allow you to send them your art file to make a custom one.  And they will do it right. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:36:23 pm by smass »

Bigbadmamajama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2018, 08:27:18 am
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 04:04:27 pm »
Wow...this exactly what i was looking for. They take custom orders/names over their graphics and the price is reasonable. I had no ideathis existed...thanks to everyone who helped out. I’ll be ordered from there.