Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best solution for perfect picture and original gameplay  (Read 1373 times)

miramanee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2018, 05:09:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Best solution for perfect picture and original gameplay
« on: October 02, 2018, 04:33:49 pm »
Hi maybe someone knows it,

I have a SONY BVM 20F1E and I would like to be able to play the arcade games I played from 1975 to 1998 at home.

Now I have read a bit and know that you need a strong CPU (Intel G3258)

I have a ThinkPad T420 at home where I connected an NVIDIA 750TI via eGPU so that I can play POE.

Now I know that an ATI 6450 with VGA end the best choice is I right?

I can also use these on the eGPU.

My laptop has an Intel Core i5-2540M (2.60GHz, 3MB L3, 1333MHz FSB would be the long or I need this Intel CPU?

I also bought an Extron RGB 190xi for what is that good?

What cable do I need then I have VGA on BNC is that ok?

and lastly which version of groovymame + mame you should use i downloaded this version 0200_017 as well as the MAME 0200 is that ok?

Did I forgot something?

I use win7 64 pro

PS: I wanted to do that before with Raspberry PI 3 and VGA666 but I read that the emulation of RB3 is not enough.

Zebra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Best solution for perfect picture and original gameplay
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:56:43 pm »
To use Win 7 64bit on that monitor, you'll need to download and install CRT EMU and a compatible graphics card.

You can use your RGB interface to convert seperate sync to composite sync as well as outputting RGBS on the BNC connectors your monitor uses. You'll need to buy an RGBS BNC cable obviously.

Then, you'll either want to figure out the Groovymame thing.... or... add custom modlines with the resolutions and refresh rates for the games you play most on another version of mame.