Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Zizzle pinball fixer-uper help thread  (Read 7730 times)

bsoder52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 08:57:04 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Zizzle pinball fixer-uper help thread
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:28 pm »
Hi,

Haven't been on the byoac board for quite some time.  Fatherhood hit and I wrapped up my MAME machine or latest version and the only hobby I really have right now is my kids...which are totally awesome! Anyhow, I picked up a Zizzle Pirates of the Caribbean V1.0 Dead Mans Chest and am looking to fix a few things on it and do a couple upgrades. I already searched the board for posts, but didn't find what I was looking for.  I'm hopeful someone on here has one of these and has done some similar stuff with it cause I can use some help

List of what I'm looking to do:
- replace crappy push buttons for the flippers with low profile arcade flippers that actually work.
- fix a led on the play field that doesn't light up. (checked the wiring and it seems intact).
- Fix the treasure chest which doesn't move or light up. (checked wiring and seams intact).

Thanks much in advance for any help!

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Zizzle pinball fixer-uper help thread
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:06:04 am »
i think the only place you're going to find repair information on Zizzle equipment is at the pinside forums:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/list

jennifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Zizzle pinball fixer-uper help thread
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:52:12 am »
If memory serves, That machine was a home version that was looked upon less that favorably and if we are talking about the same machine (bet those drunkards over there at P/side are all atwitter over the prospect Ken,)... My first thoughts would be reverse engineer it, carefully study it as a build and chase the problems down, most likely with nothing more elaborate than a good voltmeter. starting at the problem and working backwards... As for the flipper buttons, (and without even looking at it)a redesign wouldn't hurt , one would think, especially if it was to be converted to something like a Williams fliptronics.... Although that would get quite involved and would require a bit of skill and a decent workbench.