Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to query MAME game info programmatically  (Read 1404 times)

Smalkmus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 09:57:23 am
  • Arcade noob! I'm here to learn!
How to query MAME game info programmatically
« on: September 27, 2018, 03:50:40 pm »
Heya,

Please delete...I feel dumb. I can use the listxml command to get that. Could have sworn I tried that but I missed it the first time.

Could anyone enlighten me as to how to determine whether a MAME ROM file is horizontal or vertical programmatically either via command line or some other API?  I struggled to figure this out from the MAME documentation. I’ve got a folder full of awesome bezels that are sized for 1080P and do not have MAME layout files. My monitor is 1440P and i would like to write a little program that will convert each image to 1440P and generate the appropriate LAY file but The contents of the LAY file for horizontal will be different than the contents of the LAY file for vertical games. I figure there’s a command line for this but I couldn’t find that through several google search attempts. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Err wait...Can I get this info from the listxml command?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:30:30 pm by Smalkmus »