Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to stop Switchres from changing back to desktop resolution  (Read 1204 times)

pacboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2019, 09:18:52 am
How to stop Switchres from changing back to desktop resolution
« on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:55 am »
Where is the setting in mame.ini to keep the game resolution when exiting a game and going back to the OSD menu?  In other words, I want the OSD menu to be displayed at the same resolution as the last game that was played.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: How to stop Switchres from changing back to desktop resolution
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »
There's not such setting as far as I know. The thing is the behaviour you want is indeed how it used to work before, I hadn't notice it has changed.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

pacboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2019, 09:18:52 am
Re: How to stop Switchres from changing back to desktop resolution
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:32 pm »
I have 2 identical cabs, but one is horizontal and one is vertical.  The vertical one switches back to the default desktop res when exiting a game, but the horizontal one doesn't.  Maybe that has something to do with it?