Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is there a break in period after recapping a monitor? screen scrolling now  (Read 1276 times)

guilds100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2018, 09:42:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I just recapped a wg k4600 and now I have a problem that wasnt there before. The screen wants to scroll with varying speeds when I launch groovymame or some of the games. Some of the games work fine. I double checked my connections (rgb in and sync) and they look like the pictures I took before I started. I've only messed with the v hold pot to see if I can get it to stop and it will stop until I go back to windows. Any thoughts?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Is there a break in period after recapping a monitor? screen scrolling now
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 08:43:01 pm »
Perfectly normal to have to adjust v-hold after a recap, but it sounds like the caps being slightly different is causing grief. If you're sure there's no happy middle ground for the v-hold pot, you might try replacing the electrolytics in the vertical deflection with ones that are right on the button, I guess, not just +/-20%. You can get a cheap component tester off eBay to test them, if you need one. Always use name brand like Panasonic, Nichicon, Rubycon or Nippon Chemi-Con. Kind of a longshot, but i can't think of anything else.

guilds100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2018, 09:42:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Thanks for the reply. I am using Nichicon caps but that doesnt mean there close enough to work in this application. Im going to did up the schematic for this unit and see if figure the caps that could be suspect.