Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trackball brands/models that don't take up stupid amounts of space under the CP?  (Read 1187 times)

branded

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 01:41:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Peeps,

Can anyone recommend decent trackballs that don't take up so much space under the CP?

Thanks!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Those 2 things are pretty much exclusive -- In order to perform decently they need good bearings and decent sized optical wheels and a proper size ball - which means they need a good amount of space inside the case so take up quite a bit of room.  Perhaps take a look at the layout of your Control panel and eliminate other pieces to make room for it ( ie. don't try to make the Control panel have every part to run every game since each extra piece means less space for others )   :cheers:

A 4-player layout with 8 buttons for players 1 and 2 and 4 buttons for players 3 and 4 and 8 admin buttons doesn't leave a lot of space to add a trackball, spinner(s), etc. even on an aircraft carrier size panel :dunno
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:24:10 am by JDFan »

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
I love Kensington Trackballs for computing. If you want space underneath, I guess you could use the expert model on top. It has a somewhat flat form factor.

JimmyU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:45:32 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
Happ used to sell a 1.5” trackball, but it looks like they don’t seek it anymore. They do have a 2.25” one though.