Main > News Board

Mamesaver 2.0.1 released

<< < (2/3) > >>

nullpainter:
Actually, maybe I should just filter out mechanical games entirely.

nullpainter:

--- Quote from: nullpainter on September 17, 2018, 08:27:14 pm ---Actually, maybe I should just filter out mechanical games entirely.

--- End quote ---

Done. Also beefed up BIOS ROM detection: https://github.com/mika76/mamesaver/issues/45

This'll be in the next release, along with filtering controls if we think that'd be a good feature. Thanks for raising the issue of mechanical games; I had never considered it.

Rattus:
Cheers :) if you could filter out majong and poker / gambling / card games that would be awesome. I can't imagine anyone wants to see them on a screen saver.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

nullpainter:

--- Quote from: Rattus on September 17, 2018, 10:29:37 pm ---Cheers :) if you could filter out majong and poker / gambling / card games that would be awesome. I can't imagine anyone wants to see them on a screen saver.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure how we can do that, out of the box. We're using MAME's -listxml output to build the game list and verify that all is well, and there's nothing in there that appears to be any different for these games. The approach would probably be to download / utilise a catver.ini. I'll have a think about the best approach.

The workaround, of course, is to put these games in a separate directory and just exclude that directory when running Mamesaver by adding the -rompath argument in the screensaver itself.

nullpainter:
Game filtering is now officially going to be part of the next release. I'll make a new post here when it's all ready.

By the way, one of the hotkeys removes the currently playing game from circulation - so if a mahjong/gambling/etc. game appears, just hit delete and it won't come back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version