Main > News Board

Mamesaver 2.0.1 released

(1/3) > >>

nullpainter:
I'm one of the contributors to Mamesaver, a Windows-based MAME screensaver which plays random MAME games at at specified intervals. We're super excited to announce the release of version 2.0.1 which, apart from a few licks of paint and a bunch of bug fixes, introduces multi-monitor support, hotkeys, in-game information, customisable fonts, better power management, and better game management.

I run Mamesaver at work and it's a fantastic distraction and really fun to show off games that might have been forgotten.

Mamesaver can be downloaded here, or you can build it yourself. Mamesaver is open source and released under the MIT Licence.

Feature requests, pull requests and bug reports are always welcome!

Rattus:
Cool :) I run Groovymame and use MaLa frontend which shows games as a  screen saver. But I have often wanted the ability to just jump into the game so this is great.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Rattus:
I will make some time to install this tomorrow.
I'm hoping by "game management" that means selection of rom types to skip such as excluding mechanical games and majong etc.

Thanks to the developers for sharing :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

nullpainter:

--- Quote from: Rattus on September 17, 2018, 07:54:47 pm ---I will make some time to install this tomorrow.
I'm hoping by "game management" that means selection of rom types to skip such as excluding mechanical games and majong etc.

Thanks to the developers for sharing :)

--- End quote ---

Not currently, sorry. At the moment, all fully-supported games in the specified ROM paths are listed, and they can be individually (or bulk) selected or deselected. This does sound like a nice feature though - so, perhaps filter by game type and perhaps release year? That'd be a pretty straightforward feature to add, so I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

nullpainter:
Or,  filter by year range and manufacturer, and a checkbox to exclude mechanical games? Note that we are already excluding BIOS ROMs (currently implicitly, by verifying that the emulation status is good).

Currently, you can sort by year and manufacturer, however this is perhaps not particularly manageable if you have hundreds of games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version