Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help with LedWiz Clone board testing  (Read 2064 times)

Ron_Michallick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2023, 09:14:14 pm
  • MK64 has newer software, if you are interested.
    • MK64
Need help with LedWiz Clone board testing
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »
Hello,

I programmed a promicro 32u4 with lwclone2u software and that seemed to work well. Not sure why there was an EEPROM file from the build. All the pin setup seems to be in the pin.h file. For this round, I left the pin.h file as is.

Device manger sees seven devices. The 'keyboard' input pins work. The analog inputs work in Mame, but I couldn't see the analog in the Kade padtest program. Is there a different padtest that works with lwclone2u?  ???

The part that I can't test is the LED outputs. The pin.h says two LED are setup, the onboard TX and RX leds.
I tried turning the LEDs on with mamehooker command test and LWsend.exe

Here is the pin.h section that mentions LED
#define LED_MAPPING_TABLE(_map_) \
   /* the following corresponds to the Arduino Leonardo mapping */ \
   \
   _map_( B, 0, 1 ) /* RX LED */ \
   _map_( D, 5, 1 ) /* TX LED */ \
   \
   /* end */

These are the right pins for the LED. I assume this is LED 1 and LED2.

Any advice on what to try next?  ???

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:19:05 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Need help with LedWiz Clone board testing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »
Device manger sees seven devices. The 'keyboard' input pins work. The analog inputs work in Mame, but I couldn't see the analog in the Kade padtest program. Is there a different padtest that works with lwclone2u?  ??
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking here.

Are you trying to put lwclone2u and KADE miniArcade 2.0 on one single Pro Micro AVR board?   :dizzy:

Great if you can pull it off, but AFAIK that is not possible.   :dunno
------
IF analog works in MAME, it must also work in Windows.
- Did you verify that MAME analog is actually working by setting the "Inc" and "Dec" inputs to "none"?

XP has a gamepad test/calibration option in Control Panel -- Game Controllers.
- The KADE should show up in the Game Controllers window.
- Click on "properties" to bring up the test/calibration window.

Scott

Ron_Michallick

• Offline Offline
    • MK64
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:51:15 pm »
Scott,

Once again you solved my analog XY test problems. [Control Panel -- Game Controllers-- Properties] works on my Kade board and on my LWclone board.  :applaud:
I have 3 boards in total. One has Kade, one has LWclone, and the last board is still in the original ESD bag.

I have only two tests that have issues.
1- LWclone LED control. Mamehooker test: "systray-test" and LWsend.exe (for the original LedWiz) won't turn on the RX or TX LED on the board.
2- Mame hooker doesn't see output events while running Spyhunt.zip ; My next test is to see if MameHooker see outputs in digdug.zip (per the instructions)

Once I solve these two issues, I can begin construction of the Spy Hunter cabinet. Not now; the garage is too hot to work in, probably Late October.  ;D
I'll get my friend to 3-D print the four weapon indicators. (LED back lighting)

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:19:05 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 06:44:48 pm »
Glad to assist.   :cheers:

2- Mame hooker doesn't see output events while running Spyhunt.zip ; My next test is to see if MameHooker see outputs in digdug.zip (per the instructions)
I'm just spitballing here, but this thread may have relevant info about enabling the MAME output system.   :dunno

Scott

Ron_Michallick

• Offline Offline
    • MK64
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:05 pm »
Update:

Scott's link is correct, in newer MAME.ini files look for 'OUTPUT' (not outputs) and change it to 'windows'. Now Mame Hooker will see Mame messages.
Led wiz clone by default is board #4 ; Luckily Led Blinky recognized the board #. Note: Mame hooker test commands crash when you use 4 as board number.
After some digging I found board ID in (LWclone2) descriptors.h file; look for #define USB_PRODUCT_ID to change board #, I changed to board #1
Now the Mame hooker test commands work well. They don't work in in the game ini files at all.
For led wiz clone (maybe original too) you should always use two characters for Board # and LED # otherwise it probably wont work.
'lws 1 01 %s%' doesn't work in ini file 'lws 01 1 %s%' does work, but so does 'lws 01 01 %s%' and promotes using two chars. I spent hours learning this.

All other changes for your needs should be made in pinmap.h file.
devconfig.h is useful to turn features on and off, like mouse or no mouse.