Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A very weird problem - MAME device configuration constantly different each time  (Read 1000 times)

Richardgregory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2021, 01:15:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
This is sort of related to my other thread, which is the Ultimarc Aimtrak having to be reconfigured in MAME each time:

Well, another thing I found out is that exiting and starting MAME each time and choosing the same game - ie. in this case Terminator Judgement Day, the GUN ID and buttons change each time.  Windows is not restarted, nothing is unplugged or plugged in.  I literally exit MAME and go back in right away and already the Gun ID's and their fire buttons get lost and need to be reconfigured.

This doesn't make sense to me at all and how is this possible?  The GUN IDs I set are 3 and 4 and they remain as is using 3rd party tool and confirming in Windows drivers properties...3 and 4 stick to the 2 guns.  I don't understand how MAME works in assigning it's own IDs to the hardware, which seems to be dynamic and inconsistent.

I am using Rocketlauncher and Hyperspin.  Is there something I need to set in either applications?

Hoping some MAME veterans can chip in here.

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:12:11 pm by Richardgregory »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Are the defaulting back to the same values every time or are they changing to different values each time?

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
this guy might have some ideas:

later