Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 different Logitech g29 profiles for MAME?  (Read 3208 times)

stevepax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2019, 06:51:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2 different Logitech g29 profiles for MAME?
« on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:28 am »
I'd like to have two different steering wheel profiles for mame. The reason ismthat Hard Drivin has way too touchy steering. I'd like to have basically 270 degree wheel for all the MAME games, except a 540 wheel (or maybe even more!) For hard drivin. But they both run from the same mame64.exe executable, so that doesn't work. Any ideas? This is all going tombe in a cabinet with hyperspin as a front end. Can I maybe just make a copy of the MAME executable with a slightly different name in the same folder And have that copy be used for that one game, maybe, and set up another wheel profile?

I'm open to ideas.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: 2 different Logitech g29 profiles for MAME?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:32:31 pm »
 I assume you point the profiler at the actual exe including file path, If so do you have more than 1 HDD, if yes try having mame on both drives, one normal setup the other with just hard driving?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:42:45 pm
Re: 2 different Logitech g29 profiles for MAME?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:11:25 pm »
You don't need a second drive.

Just make a copy of mame.exe and rename it to something else.
For what you want to accomplish, you can just leave it in the same folder as the original mame.exe.
Last time I messed with this stuff (circa version .146) you could rename the mame.exe to something else and it would still work fine.

Have your front end use the renamed exe when lauching Hard Drivin.
Set up a logitech profiler profile for that other renamed exe.

The only tricky part is setting up your front end to launch that one game using the renamed exe.
How to do that depends on what front-end you have.

Never used it in conjunction with profiler, but I have used the multiple exe trick (usually in separate folders) to run certain games on different versions of MAME.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the part where you said you were using Hyperspin.  I can't help you with Hyperspin. 
Generally with a driving cab though, the number of playable games is small enoughthat IMO you're better off setting them up as PC games and having a separate batch file to launch each game.
That way all the arcade games can be launched from the same list regardless of whether they are on MAME, Demul, Vivanonno, etc.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:01:11 pm by BadMouth »