Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Initial D8 Infinity help!!!  (Read 3419 times)

pharmtech78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 04:58:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Initial D8 Infinity help!!!
« on: September 13, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm trying to link 2 machines together to play local multiplayer using Teknoparrot 1.67. I've changed the cabinet ID's to A1 and A2 in the config file and test menu as well and matched my network settings within teknoparrot, but the machines still wont link to play vs mode. I've done this same thing for ID6 and ID7 and they work perfect. Does this game not have lan support ? I've seen a few post on here that they have this game linked. Did i miss something? Any help would be appreciated.     

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
Re: Initial D8 Infinity help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »
I got it to work but I also had trouble.  One thing I noticed was the timing had to be right, the 2 machines had to be doing their network stuff at the same time or it would fail and just go into single player mode.  Try making sure they are both progressing through their startup stages at the same times, either by launching them simultaneously or adjusted if one is slower than the other.

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:07:29 pm »
I got it to work but I also had trouble.  One thing I noticed was the timing had to be right, the 2 machines had to be doing their network stuff at the same time or it would fail and just go into single player mode.  Try making sure they are both progressing through their startup stages at the same times, either by launching them simultaneously or adjusted if one is slower than the other.

Had to get a new vid card for one of machines, just got it today. Was able to test again and now it works. I think my issue was the config file on one of my machines. I noticed the text was all pushed together vs my other machine config file. After adding a copy of the other machine config file and changing the seat number, they both linked up! Just want to say thanks for your help and thanks for your reply here/over at the other forum, if that was you there  ;D.

On another note, have you linked Initial D4 export? Did they same adjustments, but no luck. This game don't really show the little icons at the top like the other initial D's to tell if you're linked up or not.     
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:05:35 pm by PL1 »

jacko1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 03:38:27 am »
On another note, have you linked Initial D4 export? Did they same adjustments, but no luck. This game don't really show the little icons at the top like the other initial D's to tell if you're linked up or not.     
I've never tried ID4.  I'm doing all my arcade stuff on Windows 7 PCs (for now) and afaik the Lindbergh Linux games need Windows 10.

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:07 pm »
Yea I'm on Windows 10. Maybe Teknoparrot just don't support it yet i didn't see it mentioned in any of the release notes, but sometimes i miss information and wanted to check. 

jacko1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:56:03 am »
Yea I'm on Windows 10. Maybe Teknoparrot just don't support it yet i didn't see it mentioned in any of the release notes, but sometimes i miss information and wanted to check.
I considered Windows 10 for better compatibility, since I'm making a setup to play both arcade and modern PC games, but what about notifications?  Or updates, isn't there a risk of updates breaking the arcade PC stuff?  Since it uses a lot of hacks, it's very "sensitive" you might say :).