Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Driving and other games on same cab - controls and what frontend?  (Read 2064 times)

jacko1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Driving and other games on same cab - controls and what frontend?
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:41:53 am »
I wanna do a couple driving cabs but with an open style so that we can also stand around them holding controllers and play other types of games.

I thought it would be best to keep the driving and other games in their own independent frontends, to reduce confusion, and because I believe it will be less difficult to configure that way.  Does that sound like a good idea? 

I was planning to go with HyperSpin (RacerSpin) but I'm not sure since HyperSpin has that reputation of being very difficult.  Regardless, can you even run 2 completely separate HyperSpins on one PC without them interfering with each other?  Or should I be running 2 different frontends?

Or are there any other frontend suggestions?  Although the primary focus is driving, I'm using G29 wheels which have D-pads on them so I don't actually need to configure the wheel and pedals to control the front end.  In fact it might be better to use the D-pads and a button, in my testing with games like Initial D I much prefer navigating its menus that way, as opposed to other games where you have to use the wheel and gas pedal to make selections.

Also does anyone know if I will have controls conflicts if I have wheel/pedals and controllers all connected at the same time?